Cong, NC agree on seat sharing in J&K Legislative Council polls
Jammu: Ruling out any differences with its coalition partner in J&K over seat sharing in April 13
Legislative Council elections, Congress on Saturday said that it will contest two seats while ally NC will field candidates from three seats.
"The coalition has no differences. We have total unanimity and have arrived at consensus to contest five seats in elections to Legislative Council," Jammu and Kashmir Pradesh Congress Committee (JKPCC) President Saif-ud-Din Soz said.
Rejecting media report of differences between NC and Congress, Soz said his party has withdrawn its candidates from the two seats from Kashmir to be contested by National Conference (NC).
He expressed confidence that the coalition will take "five out of six seats, while one seat is likely to go to PDP".
While NC will contest three seats, Congress will contest two seats, he said, adding, "We have given one more seat to the NC with full consensus and unanimity between the coalition partners".
Congress` Jehangir Mir and Yashpal Khajuria will contest from Poonch and Jammu seats, he said, adding NC has withdrawn its candidate Shehnaz Ganai from the seat in support of the Congress.
Similarly, NC`s DV Oberoi and Bashir Ahmed Veeri will contest in Kashmir Valley where Congress has withdrawn its two candidates- Abdul Gani Vakil and GN Monga.
Another NC candidate Noor Hussain will contest from Jammu, he said. Former minister Abdul Gani Vakil is also out of the race for a berth in the Upper House as he withdrew his nomination on the direction of JKPCC chief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur