Cong to emerge single largest party in next J&K polls: Soz
Jammu: Congress will emerge as the single largest party in Jammu and Kashmir in the 2014 assembly polls, party`s state chief Saifuddin Soz said on Saturday.
"Congress party will emerge as the single largest party in 2014 assembly elections in the state," Soz said while addressing a public meeting at Udhampur, 65 kms from Jammu.
People of all three regions have realised that Congress can serve them better, he said, adding no coalition in the state could be formed with the support of Congress.
Soz said Congress has to accept the challenge of coming up to the expectations and aspirations of people and adopt more effective modes to serve them.
Soz is on two day tour of remote areas of Udhampur to address public meetings and interact with party workers to understand their problems.
He sanctioned Rs 10 lakh from his MPLAD fund for the development works at Udhampur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof