Congress accuses BJP of inaction as Pak troops fire mortars at Indian position in J&K
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Jammu: In yet another attempt to invade the Indian territory, Pakistan troops on Sunday targeted Pital and two other posts of the Border Security Force (BSF) in RS Pura sector of Jammu.
The Indian troops guarding the border effectively replied with similar calibre weapons to the firing which began at 2:00 am today.
The rangers used small arms and mortars which created panic among the villagers situated near RS Pura sector.
As per the reports, the mortars fell in residential areas which killed a few cattle. Moreover, the villagers preferred to remain indoor throughout the day.
It is the second ceasefire violation by the Pakistani Army in RS Pura sector within a week after it opened fire at Pindi outpost.
On June 13, 2014, Pakistan troops had violated the ceasefire by targeting Indian posts along the LoC in Poonch sector of J&K with heavy firing and mortar shelling, drawing retaliation by Indian forces.
In 2013, several Indian Army jawans were killed and dozens got injured in 149 ceasefire violations by Pakistan troops on forward posts, civilian areas and patrolling parties along the India-Pak border.
Meanwhile, Congress leader Rashid Alvi targeted the BJP-led government for not taking any action in this regard.
“The government at the centre spoke a lot on this issue when they were in Opposition and now they aren`t reacting to the issue,” said Alvi
On the other hand, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah asked Prime Minister Narendra Modi to send a message to Pakistan authorities that India wants peace, but these ceasefire violations aren`t good.
While condemning ceasefire violation, BJP leader Siddharthnath Singh said that for peace its important that noise of guns/shells shouldn`t be heard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter