Congress accuses BJP of inaction as Pak troops fire mortars at Indian position in J&K
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Jammu: In yet another attempt to invade the Indian territory, Pakistan troops on Sunday targeted Pital and two other posts of the Border Security Force (BSF) in RS Pura sector of Jammu.
The Indian troops guarding the border effectively replied with similar calibre weapons to the firing which began at 2:00 am today.
The rangers used small arms and mortars which created panic among the villagers situated near RS Pura sector.
As per the reports, the mortars fell in residential areas which killed a few cattle. Moreover, the villagers preferred to remain indoor throughout the day.
It is the second ceasefire violation by the Pakistani Army in RS Pura sector within a week after it opened fire at Pindi outpost.
On June 13, 2014, Pakistan troops had violated the ceasefire by targeting Indian posts along the LoC in Poonch sector of J&K with heavy firing and mortar shelling, drawing retaliation by Indian forces.
In 2013, several Indian Army jawans were killed and dozens got injured in 149 ceasefire violations by Pakistan troops on forward posts, civilian areas and patrolling parties along the India-Pak border.
Meanwhile, Congress leader Rashid Alvi targeted the BJP-led government for not taking any action in this regard.
“The government at the centre spoke a lot on this issue when they were in Opposition and now they aren`t reacting to the issue,” said Alvi
On the other hand, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah asked Prime Minister Narendra Modi to send a message to Pakistan authorities that India wants peace, but these ceasefire violations aren`t good.
While condemning ceasefire violation, BJP leader Siddharthnath Singh said that for peace its important that noise of guns/shells shouldn`t be heard.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!