Congress accuses BJP of inaction as Pak troops fire mortars at Indian position in J&K
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Jammu: In yet another attempt to invade the Indian territory, Pakistan troops on Sunday targeted Pital and two other posts of the Border Security Force (BSF) in RS Pura sector of Jammu.
The Indian troops guarding the border effectively replied with similar calibre weapons to the firing which began at 2:00 am today.
The rangers used small arms and mortars which created panic among the villagers situated near RS Pura sector.
As per the reports, the mortars fell in residential areas which killed a few cattle. Moreover, the villagers preferred to remain indoor throughout the day.
It is the second ceasefire violation by the Pakistani Army in RS Pura sector within a week after it opened fire at Pindi outpost.
On June 13, 2014, Pakistan troops had violated the ceasefire by targeting Indian posts along the LoC in Poonch sector of J&K with heavy firing and mortar shelling, drawing retaliation by Indian forces.
In 2013, several Indian Army jawans were killed and dozens got injured in 149 ceasefire violations by Pakistan troops on forward posts, civilian areas and patrolling parties along the India-Pak border.
Meanwhile, Congress leader Rashid Alvi targeted the BJP-led government for not taking any action in this regard.
“The government at the centre spoke a lot on this issue when they were in Opposition and now they aren`t reacting to the issue,” said Alvi
On the other hand, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah asked Prime Minister Narendra Modi to send a message to Pakistan authorities that India wants peace, but these ceasefire violations aren`t good.
While condemning ceasefire violation, BJP leader Siddharthnath Singh said that for peace its important that noise of guns/shells shouldn`t be heard.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: SC to hear plea next week on FIR against 'bribe-takers'
- Wow! KFC India to replace plastic packaging with edible bowls!
- UN blacklists Indian-flagged cargo vessel carrying Libyan oil
- One minute of intense exercise can help you stay fit!
- Don't refer Bhagat Singh, Chandra Shekhar Azad as terrorists: HRD Ministry to DU