Congress asks DGP to probe into the killing of sarpanch
Jammu: The state unit of Congress on Sunday asked Jammu and Kashmir`s Director General of Police Ashok Prasad to investigate into the recent killing of a sarpanch by militants in Sopore.
Habibullah Mir, who was affiliated with the Congress, was shot in the neck by the unidentified militants at his home in Goripora village on January 11.
"I took up the matter with Director General of Police Ashok Prasad and asked him to investigate into the killing and apprehend the killers very immediately," state Congress chief Saifuddin Soz said.
"I offer my condolences to the bereaved family...I strongly condemn this dastardly act of marauders," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok