Congress asks DGP to probe into the killing of sarpanch
Jammu: The state unit of Congress on Sunday asked Jammu and Kashmir`s Director General of Police Ashok Prasad to investigate into the recent killing of a sarpanch by militants in Sopore.
Habibullah Mir, who was affiliated with the Congress, was shot in the neck by the unidentified militants at his home in Goripora village on January 11.
"I took up the matter with Director General of Police Ashok Prasad and asked him to investigate into the killing and apprehend the killers very immediately," state Congress chief Saifuddin Soz said.
"I offer my condolences to the bereaved family...I strongly condemn this dastardly act of marauders," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Bhagwant Mann must be refrained from entering into Parliament: JD(U)
- Pokemon GO launched in Japan, thousands start hunting and capturing monsters
- Oppressed Dalits will teach a lesson to BJP: Arvind Kejriwal in Gujarat
- Una incident: Dalit victim back in hospital ahead of Rahul Gandhi’s visit under 'political pressure'
- Chinese anti-graft protest leader arrested for taking bribes