Congress asks DGP to probe into the killing of sarpanch
Jammu: The state unit of Congress on Sunday asked Jammu and Kashmir`s Director General of Police Ashok Prasad to investigate into the recent killing of a sarpanch by militants in Sopore.
Habibullah Mir, who was affiliated with the Congress, was shot in the neck by the unidentified militants at his home in Goripora village on January 11.
"I took up the matter with Director General of Police Ashok Prasad and asked him to investigate into the killing and apprehend the killers very immediately," state Congress chief Saifuddin Soz said.
"I offer my condolences to the bereaved family...I strongly condemn this dastardly act of marauders," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites