Congress asks DGP to probe into the killing of sarpanch
Jammu: The state unit of Congress on Sunday asked Jammu and Kashmir`s Director General of Police Ashok Prasad to investigate into the recent killing of a sarpanch by militants in Sopore.
Habibullah Mir, who was affiliated with the Congress, was shot in the neck by the unidentified militants at his home in Goripora village on January 11.
"I took up the matter with Director General of Police Ashok Prasad and asked him to investigate into the killing and apprehend the killers very immediately," state Congress chief Saifuddin Soz said.
"I offer my condolences to the bereaved family...I strongly condemn this dastardly act of marauders," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users