Congress asks DGP to probe into the killing of sarpanch
Jammu: The state unit of Congress on Sunday asked Jammu and Kashmir`s Director General of Police Ashok Prasad to investigate into the recent killing of a sarpanch by militants in Sopore.
Habibullah Mir, who was affiliated with the Congress, was shot in the neck by the unidentified militants at his home in Goripora village on January 11.
"I took up the matter with Director General of Police Ashok Prasad and asked him to investigate into the killing and apprehend the killers very immediately," state Congress chief Saifuddin Soz said.
"I offer my condolences to the bereaved family...I strongly condemn this dastardly act of marauders," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered