Congress delegation meets Shinde in J&K
Jammu: Congress on Friday made a demand to Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde for rehabilitation of Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK), strengthening of Panchayati Raj system and reservation for OBC people.
The demand was made by a delegation of Jammu and Pradesh Congress Committee at a meeting with Shinde here.
In this regard, they referred to their recent meeting with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
The delegation also discussed the development of border areas and a special recruitment drive for the educated youth of the border areas in paramilitary forces. They also sought compensation to farmers whose land has come under fencing in the border area.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know