Congress delegation meets Shinde in J&K
Jammu: Congress on Friday made a demand to Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde for rehabilitation of Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK), strengthening of Panchayati Raj system and reservation for OBC people.
The demand was made by a delegation of Jammu and Pradesh Congress Committee at a meeting with Shinde here.
In this regard, they referred to their recent meeting with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
The delegation also discussed the development of border areas and a special recruitment drive for the educated youth of the border areas in paramilitary forces. They also sought compensation to farmers whose land has come under fencing in the border area.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living