Congress delegation meets Shinde in J&K
Jammu: Congress on Friday made a demand to Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde for rehabilitation of Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK), strengthening of Panchayati Raj system and reservation for OBC people.
The demand was made by a delegation of Jammu and Pradesh Congress Committee at a meeting with Shinde here.
In this regard, they referred to their recent meeting with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
The delegation also discussed the development of border areas and a special recruitment drive for the educated youth of the border areas in paramilitary forces. They also sought compensation to farmers whose land has come under fencing in the border area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city