Congress delegation meets Shinde in J&K
Jammu: Congress on Friday made a demand to Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde for rehabilitation of Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK), strengthening of Panchayati Raj system and reservation for OBC people.
The demand was made by a delegation of Jammu and Pradesh Congress Committee at a meeting with Shinde here.
In this regard, they referred to their recent meeting with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
The delegation also discussed the development of border areas and a special recruitment drive for the educated youth of the border areas in paramilitary forces. They also sought compensation to farmers whose land has come under fencing in the border area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Sweden, Kazakhstan, Ethiopia, Bolivia elected to UNSC for 2017-18
- Sturgeon to visit Brussels to defend Scotland`s EU place
- NATO, EU leaders pledge strong alliance to counter Brexit fallout
- EU leaders tell Britain to exit swiftly, market rout halts
- 'Beef smugglers' forced to eat cow dung in Faridabad