Congress demands probe into BSF recruitment of April 2012
Jammu: Former minister and senior Congress leader Manjit Singh on Friday demanded probe into recruitment of youth in Border Security Force (BSF) in April 2012 and denial of right to them to join duty.
"We demand probe into the recruitment of youth in BSF in the month of April 2012. They were denied right to join duty," Singh told reporters after submitting a memorandum to the District Commissioner (DC) Samba.
He said they held protest against the alleged negligence in the recruitment of local youth by the BSF even as they were shortlisted for recruitment over one-and-a-half year ago.
Singh alleged that the youth, who were selected in the recruitment, were not allowed to join their duties saying the border guards have recruited more people against the number of vacancies.
He sought Chief Minister Omar Abdullah`s intervention in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'