Congress emerging as only choice in Jammu region: Saifuddin Soz
Jammu: Congress on Sunday said that the party is emerging as the only choice in the region and BJP`s presence has become irrelevant.
"Congress is emerging as a strong force in Kashmir and Ladakh region, but Jammu region is its main stay and it holds key to the 2014 Assembly elections," JKPCC chief Saifuddin Soz said while addressing party workers at function here.
"BJP has become irrelevant in Jammu region because of its wrong policies and failure to respect the people`s mandate. It is the Congress, which is emerging as the only choice of people of this region," he said.
Soz, who was re-elected as the PCC chief, asked people to give a decisive mandate to the party.
"Give a decisive mandate in favour of the Congress, as only it can ensure the state`s unity and integrity," he said adding, "Congress will emerge as the largest political force in the next Assembly elections and can form government on its own or lead the next government."
Soz, meanwhile, informed that co-ordination committee of Congress and National Conference (NC) has arrived at a consensus to hold the elections to the Municipal Corporation and Urban Local Bodies before the end of June this year.
Provisions of the 73rd Amendment to the Constitution will
be incorporated to further empower the panchayats, Soz said.
"Government is likely to convey in a week`s time about the action taken on the report of the Congress, which has already been submitted to the Congress-NC coordination committee," he said.
Minister for PHE, Irrigation and Flood Control, Sham Lal Sharma and Minister for Housing and Horticulture, Raman Bhalla, were also present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption