Congress emerging as only choice in Jammu region: Saifuddin Soz
Jammu: Congress on Sunday said that the party is emerging as the only choice in the region and BJP`s presence has become irrelevant.
"Congress is emerging as a strong force in Kashmir and Ladakh region, but Jammu region is its main stay and it holds key to the 2014 Assembly elections," JKPCC chief Saifuddin Soz said while addressing party workers at function here.
"BJP has become irrelevant in Jammu region because of its wrong policies and failure to respect the people`s mandate. It is the Congress, which is emerging as the only choice of people of this region," he said.
Soz, who was re-elected as the PCC chief, asked people to give a decisive mandate to the party.
"Give a decisive mandate in favour of the Congress, as only it can ensure the state`s unity and integrity," he said adding, "Congress will emerge as the largest political force in the next Assembly elections and can form government on its own or lead the next government."
Soz, meanwhile, informed that co-ordination committee of Congress and National Conference (NC) has arrived at a consensus to hold the elections to the Municipal Corporation and Urban Local Bodies before the end of June this year.
Provisions of the 73rd Amendment to the Constitution will
be incorporated to further empower the panchayats, Soz said.
"Government is likely to convey in a week`s time about the action taken on the report of the Congress, which has already been submitted to the Congress-NC coordination committee," he said.
Minister for PHE, Irrigation and Flood Control, Sham Lal Sharma and Minister for Housing and Horticulture, Raman Bhalla, were also present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Barack Obama slams Donald Trump for 'selling fear'; endorses Hillary Clinton for US presidency
- India vs West Indies, 2nd Test: Virat Kohli and co get into Jamaican groove with heavy work-out
- Air India passengers to have hassle-free travel; 2 check-in counters opened at Delhi Metro station
- Abu Jundal convicted in 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case; court accepts there was a conspiracy to eliminate Modi, Togadia
- Easy tips on how to keep your lipstick stay longer! Watch video