Congress emerging as only choice in Jammu region: Saifuddin Soz
Jammu: Congress on Sunday said that the party is emerging as the only choice in the region and BJP`s presence has become irrelevant.
"Congress is emerging as a strong force in Kashmir and Ladakh region, but Jammu region is its main stay and it holds key to the 2014 Assembly elections," JKPCC chief Saifuddin Soz said while addressing party workers at function here.
"BJP has become irrelevant in Jammu region because of its wrong policies and failure to respect the people`s mandate. It is the Congress, which is emerging as the only choice of people of this region," he said.
Soz, who was re-elected as the PCC chief, asked people to give a decisive mandate to the party.
"Give a decisive mandate in favour of the Congress, as only it can ensure the state`s unity and integrity," he said adding, "Congress will emerge as the largest political force in the next Assembly elections and can form government on its own or lead the next government."
Soz, meanwhile, informed that co-ordination committee of Congress and National Conference (NC) has arrived at a consensus to hold the elections to the Municipal Corporation and Urban Local Bodies before the end of June this year.
Provisions of the 73rd Amendment to the Constitution will
be incorporated to further empower the panchayats, Soz said.
"Government is likely to convey in a week`s time about the action taken on the report of the Congress, which has already been submitted to the Congress-NC coordination committee," he said.
Minister for PHE, Irrigation and Flood Control, Sham Lal Sharma and Minister for Housing and Horticulture, Raman Bhalla, were also present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened