Congress for permit system pilgrimage of J&K devotees to PoK
Jammu: Congress in Jammu and Kashmir on Tuesday favoured devotees from the state to travel across LoC for undertaking pilgrimage to shrines in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir.
"We favour Sikh pilgrims and other people interested to visit their shrines in PoK should be allowed to cross over through the established routs on LoC like Chakan-Da-Bagh, Poonch-Rawalakote", JKPCC president Saif-ud-din Soz said addressing Sikh devotees who assembled at Nonial-Nowshera in Rajouri district to commemorate 69th death anniversary of Bawa Sunder Singh.
Soz responded to the demand of the Sikh community for facilitation for their travel to PoK to the shrine of Bawa Sunder Singh at Ali-Beig in PoK and said that he would take up the matter with Union Foreign Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid.
Soz assured the Sikh contingent that their demands for promotion of Punjabi language, upgrading schools and holding travels in the area with regard to LoC and actual line of control (ALC) would be taken up.
Sikhs and Kashmiri Pandits had demanded travelling on cross LoC permits to undertake pilgrimage of Sikh shrines and Sharda Peeth shrine in PoK from Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state