Congress holds rally to woo voters in Leh ahead of LS polls
Leh: In a bid to attract voters to come out in large numbers to exercise their franchise in the upcoming General Elections, Congress on Thursday held a rally at the historic Polo grounds here.
The rally was attended by Minister of Urban and Rural Development Nawang Rigzin Jora, chief executive councillor Rigzin Spalbar, president District Congress Committee Tsering Samphel and other executive councillors of Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council, Leh.
Scores of people who attended the rally were apprised by speakers about the achievement of the Congress government, including a Rs 217.33 crore project for the beautification of Leh comprising four main projects, launched by Nawang Rigzin Jora and Rigzin Spalber on December 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi