Congress warns those trying to demoralise security forces in J&K
Jammu: Former minister and senior Congress leader Manjit Singh on Saturday warned such forces, who are trying to "demoralise" morale of Army and paramilitary forces in Jammu and Kashmir.
"There are some forces who are bent on downing the morale of the security forces fighting for the cause of the nation in J&K but we will not give them chance to materialise their motive," Singh said while paying homage to martyr Gurdeep Singh alias Sony at Shekupura in Vijaypur area of Samba district.
Sony laid down his life for the nation while fighting Pakistan army and intruders in Kargil on July 6, 1999.
Meanwhile, another function was organised in Koulpur village in the same district where the villagers remembered martyr Hawaldar Kulveer Singh.
Singh demanded that the Jammu and Kashmir government should remove the VAT imposed on the Army canteens for the facility of the armed forces like other states of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...