Congress warns those trying to demoralise security forces in J&K
Jammu: Former minister and senior Congress leader Manjit Singh on Saturday warned such forces, who are trying to "demoralise" morale of Army and paramilitary forces in Jammu and Kashmir.
"There are some forces who are bent on downing the morale of the security forces fighting for the cause of the nation in J&K but we will not give them chance to materialise their motive," Singh said while paying homage to martyr Gurdeep Singh alias Sony at Shekupura in Vijaypur area of Samba district.
Sony laid down his life for the nation while fighting Pakistan army and intruders in Kargil on July 6, 1999.
Meanwhile, another function was organised in Koulpur village in the same district where the villagers remembered martyr Hawaldar Kulveer Singh.
Singh demanded that the Jammu and Kashmir government should remove the VAT imposed on the Army canteens for the facility of the armed forces like other states of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan