Congress will emerge strong force in J&K: Soni
Jammu: Congress general secretary Ambika Soni on Saturday said BJP has utterly failed in his promises and stands exposed for its double standards on various fronts, claiming that her party will emerge strong force in Jammu and Kashmir.
"Congress party will emerge strong force in all the three regions of the state. BJP has utterly failed in his promises and stands exposed for its double standards on various fronts," Soni said while addressing workers` convention in district Kathua.
The one-day Congress convention was attended by Soni, Incharge, Jammu and Kashmir affairs and Ghulam Nabi Azad, Leader of Opposition in the Rajya Sabha, while PCC chief Saifuddin Soz presided over the function.
Prices of all essential commodities have witnessed steep rise during the past two months against the claims of BJP to bring it down, she said, adding, the party workers have geared up to defeat the "divisive forces" in the state in the forthcoming Assembly elections.
Referring to the MGNERGA scheme, Food Security Act and FDI in insurance sector, Soni said BJP is today implementing which they opposed for 10 years.
Senior party leader Ghulam Nabi Azad in his address said Congress is the only secular force which stands guarantee to the unity and integrity of the state and country.
He said Congress has always worked for the betterment and welfare of each and every sections of the society, especially downtrodden and the poor.
Azad said the massive development was carried out in all
parts of the country during UPA-I and UPA-II regime.
He said in Jammu and Kashmir liberal financial assistance was provided by the UPA governments for all-round development of the three regions of the state.
The Congress leader cautioned the party workers and people of the three regions of the state to be aware of the designs and consequences of the politics in the name of religion and region in this sensitive state and asked them to shun this kind of politics.
Saifuddin Soz said he has great satisfaction that the party workers across the three regions of the state have stood up to face the challenges of communal and sectarian forces to bring the Congress towards the new strength.
Congress is vibrant and emerging strong enough in Jammu and Kashmir unlike other parties, he said, adding, the party respected the urges and aspirations of all the three regions and have always taken care of the sentiments of Jammu region also.
He said the Congress is a unifying force in the state and the country, and exhorted the party workers to unitedly gear-up for the forthcoming Assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video