`Consider views from Valley in Indo-Pak talks`
Srinagar: Moderate faction of Hurriyat
Conference led by Mirwaiz Umar Farooq on Monday called for
inclusion of Kashmiri leaders in the Indo-Pakistan dialogue
process for resolution of Kashmir issue.
"The leaderships that represent the sentiment and
aspirations of Kashmiris have to be included in the talks
between India and Pakistan for finding a durable and lasting
solution to Kashmir issue," Mirwaiz told Canadian Deputy High
Commissioner Jim Nickel here.
Nickel, accompanied by Canadian diplomat Madhusri Das,
met Mirwaiz and other Hurriyat leaders at the latter`s
The Hurriyat leader said he had a detailed interaction
with Nickel about the various aspects of Kashmir issue and
need for resolving it to achieve lasting peace in South Asian
"We also apprised the Deputy High Commissioner about the
latest situation prevailing in Kashmir, including the
revelation about the unmarked graves," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire