`Consider views from Valley in Indo-Pak talks`
Srinagar: Moderate faction of Hurriyat
Conference led by Mirwaiz Umar Farooq on Monday called for
inclusion of Kashmiri leaders in the Indo-Pakistan dialogue
process for resolution of Kashmir issue.
"The leaderships that represent the sentiment and
aspirations of Kashmiris have to be included in the talks
between India and Pakistan for finding a durable and lasting
solution to Kashmir issue," Mirwaiz told Canadian Deputy High
Commissioner Jim Nickel here.
Nickel, accompanied by Canadian diplomat Madhusri Das,
met Mirwaiz and other Hurriyat leaders at the latter`s
The Hurriyat leader said he had a detailed interaction
with Nickel about the various aspects of Kashmir issue and
need for resolving it to achieve lasting peace in South Asian
"We also apprised the Deputy High Commissioner about the
latest situation prevailing in Kashmir, including the
revelation about the unmarked graves," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed