Constable among 3 arrested with hawala money
Jammu: Three persons including a police constable were arrested on the outskirts of Jammu for alleged involvement in hawala racket and Rs 5 lakh was seized from their possession, police said on Sunday.
Acting on a tip off, a joint team of Special Operation Group Jammu and Nagrota police intercepted a vehicle on Jammu-Srinagar highway yesterday, they said.
The joint team during the search recovered Rs 5 lakh of hawala money which was being transported to Jammu from Srinagar.
The three arrested were identified as police constable Zahid Latif, Taslim Arfan and Rakesh Kumar -- all belonging to Jammu.
A case has been registered and efforts are being made to collect further details related to the case, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach