Constable injured in terrorist attack dead
Srinagar: A police constable critically injured on Friday in a guerrilla hit-and-run attack here in Jammu and Kashmir died on Saturday in hospital.
Muzaffar Ahmad Dar, constable in the 19th Battalion of Indian Reserve Police, was injured Friday in a militant attack at Hazratbal bus stand and succumbed in hospital, a senior police officer here said.
Dar was posted on Friday prayer duties at the bus stand where hundreds of devotees throng the Hazratbal shrine every week.
A wreath laying ceremony was held at the police control room here where police officers paid tributes to Dar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say