Constable injured in terrorist attack dead
Srinagar: A police constable critically injured on Friday in a guerrilla hit-and-run attack here in Jammu and Kashmir died on Saturday in hospital.
Muzaffar Ahmad Dar, constable in the 19th Battalion of Indian Reserve Police, was injured Friday in a militant attack at Hazratbal bus stand and succumbed in hospital, a senior police officer here said.
Dar was posted on Friday prayer duties at the bus stand where hundreds of devotees throng the Hazratbal shrine every week.
A wreath laying ceremony was held at the police control room here where police officers paid tributes to Dar.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'