Constitute sub-committees for Waqf properties: J&K CM
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has directed to constitute sub-committees in the state to involve locals in the development and maintenance of Muslim Waqf properties.
All measures should be put into place to maintain and protect Waqf properties and expand its activities for upliftment of needy and poor, the Chief Minister, who is also chairman of Muslim Waqf Board, said yesterday during the 18th meeting of the Board of Directors.
He also asked to constitute sub-committee on education to look into the aspects of improving the status of schools being run by the board, an official spokesman said here.
The CM asked the committee to submit its report to the board, so that a suitable plan for upgradation is put into place to improve the schools both academically and in the infrastructural status.
Omar also approved putting of marble at the tomb of the Hazratbal shrine and fixed December 31 this year as the target for completing the work, the spokesman said.
The meeting also discussed matters relating to education, handing over of major construction works to Roads and Buildings Department, constitution of state nursing council, recommendations of finance committee, under floor heating system of sanctum sanctorum of Hazratbal shrine, preparation of educational documentaries, and development of Eidgah.
He said Vice Chairman, Waqf Board, M Y Qadri said in the meeting that the board had shown remarkable increase in the income, which has gone up to Rs 22.77 crores in 2012-13 as against Rs 8.19 crore in 2004-05.
The board also approved annual budget of Rs 10.09 crores for the year 2013-14, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum