Construction of Zojila tunnel in J&K in pipeline
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government today said construction of Zojila and Z-morh tunnels for providing all weather connectivity between Kashmir region and Ladakh forntier is in pipeline.
The construction of Zojila tunnel (12 kms) and Z-Morh tunnel (6.5) are in pipeline which will provide all weather connectivity between Kashmir and Ladakh, Road and Buildings minister Abdul Majid Wani told the Legislative Assembly.
Replying to a Calling Attention Notice by NC member Qamar Ali Akhoon, he said Zojila pass is situated at an altitude of 11578-ft on Srinagar-Kargil-Leh National Highway (NH-I) which remains closed during winter season (December to April).
It is not feasible to keep the road clear during winter due to heavy snowfall and the area is prone to avalanches, the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands