Construction of Zojila tunnel in J&K in pipeline
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government today said construction of Zojila and Z-morh tunnels for providing all weather connectivity between Kashmir region and Ladakh forntier is in pipeline.
The construction of Zojila tunnel (12 kms) and Z-Morh tunnel (6.5) are in pipeline which will provide all weather connectivity between Kashmir and Ladakh, Road and Buildings minister Abdul Majid Wani told the Legislative Assembly.
Replying to a Calling Attention Notice by NC member Qamar Ali Akhoon, he said Zojila pass is situated at an altitude of 11578-ft on Srinagar-Kargil-Leh National Highway (NH-I) which remains closed during winter season (December to April).
It is not feasible to keep the road clear during winter due to heavy snowfall and the area is prone to avalanches, the minister said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill