Construction of Zojila tunnel in J&K in pipeline
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government today said construction of Zojila and Z-morh tunnels for providing all weather connectivity between Kashmir region and Ladakh forntier is in pipeline.
The construction of Zojila tunnel (12 kms) and Z-Morh tunnel (6.5) are in pipeline which will provide all weather connectivity between Kashmir and Ladakh, Road and Buildings minister Abdul Majid Wani told the Legislative Assembly.
Replying to a Calling Attention Notice by NC member Qamar Ali Akhoon, he said Zojila pass is situated at an altitude of 11578-ft on Srinagar-Kargil-Leh National Highway (NH-I) which remains closed during winter season (December to April).
It is not feasible to keep the road clear during winter due to heavy snowfall and the area is prone to avalanches, the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?