Construction of Zojila tunnel in J&K in pipeline
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government today said construction of Zojila and Z-morh tunnels for providing all weather connectivity between Kashmir region and Ladakh forntier is in pipeline.
The construction of Zojila tunnel (12 kms) and Z-Morh tunnel (6.5) are in pipeline which will provide all weather connectivity between Kashmir and Ladakh, Road and Buildings minister Abdul Majid Wani told the Legislative Assembly.
Replying to a Calling Attention Notice by NC member Qamar Ali Akhoon, he said Zojila pass is situated at an altitude of 11578-ft on Srinagar-Kargil-Leh National Highway (NH-I) which remains closed during winter season (December to April).
It is not feasible to keep the road clear during winter due to heavy snowfall and the area is prone to avalanches, the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal