Construction of Zojila tunnel in J&K in pipeline
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government today said construction of Zojila and Z-morh tunnels for providing all weather connectivity between Kashmir region and Ladakh forntier is in pipeline.
The construction of Zojila tunnel (12 kms) and Z-Morh tunnel (6.5) are in pipeline which will provide all weather connectivity between Kashmir and Ladakh, Road and Buildings minister Abdul Majid Wani told the Legislative Assembly.
Replying to a Calling Attention Notice by NC member Qamar Ali Akhoon, he said Zojila pass is situated at an altitude of 11578-ft on Srinagar-Kargil-Leh National Highway (NH-I) which remains closed during winter season (December to April).
It is not feasible to keep the road clear during winter due to heavy snowfall and the area is prone to avalanches, the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price