Contractor murder: 8 including ex-Hizb commander chargesheeted
Srinagar: Police on Monday chargesheeted eight persons including former chief commander of Hizbul Mujahideen, Mohammad Ahsan Dar, in the murder of a contractor in Pattan area of Baramulla district in February this year.
"Police presented the charge sheet in the murder of Nazir Ahmad Lone before the court of Judicial Magistrate First Class Baramulla. The charge sheet has been presented against eight accused including Dar alias Master," a police spokesman said.
Dar, who was in jail at the time of the crime, has been charged of conspiring with others to kill political workers in Kreeri and Pattan areas, the spokesman said.
He said contractor Nazir Ahmad Lone, who was shot dead on February 28, was one of the victims of the conspiracy. The other accused include Syed Bashir Bukhari alias Molvi, Hilal Ahmad Palla, Mohammad Ashraf Kumar, Mudasir Nazir Lone, Mohammad Ashraf Mir, Ajaz Ahmad Dar and Abdul Hamid Mir.
The accused have been charged with murder, conspiracy to kill, possession of prohibited arms and ammunition under sections 302, 120-B RPC, 7/25, 7/27 of the Arms Act.
People of Kreeri area had openly resented the killing of Lone, who was a PDP worker and a prominent personality in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown