Contractor murder: 8 including ex-Hizb commander chargesheeted
Srinagar: Police on Monday chargesheeted eight persons including former chief commander of Hizbul Mujahideen, Mohammad Ahsan Dar, in the murder of a contractor in Pattan area of Baramulla district in February this year.
"Police presented the charge sheet in the murder of Nazir Ahmad Lone before the court of Judicial Magistrate First Class Baramulla. The charge sheet has been presented against eight accused including Dar alias Master," a police spokesman said.
Dar, who was in jail at the time of the crime, has been charged of conspiring with others to kill political workers in Kreeri and Pattan areas, the spokesman said.
He said contractor Nazir Ahmad Lone, who was shot dead on February 28, was one of the victims of the conspiracy. The other accused include Syed Bashir Bukhari alias Molvi, Hilal Ahmad Palla, Mohammad Ashraf Kumar, Mudasir Nazir Lone, Mohammad Ashraf Mir, Ajaz Ahmad Dar and Abdul Hamid Mir.
The accused have been charged with murder, conspiracy to kill, possession of prohibited arms and ammunition under sections 302, 120-B RPC, 7/25, 7/27 of the Arms Act.
People of Kreeri area had openly resented the killing of Lone, who was a PDP worker and a prominent personality in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Dance-off! Hardik Pandya vs Virat Kohli and Chris Gayle - Who did it better?
- Indian's body to be brought back from Saudi tomorrow: HC told
- Talks important to end hostility between India, Pakistan; Muslim nations worst victims of terrorism: Mehbooba Mufti
- AgustaWestland row: Fossils of Congress' scams will be excavated years later, says Giriraj Singh
- Sitapur district authorities start demolition of Rampal Yadav-owned hotel-cum-multiplex