Convene J&K Assembly session immediately, says Bhim Singh
Srinagar: Rubbishing Jammu and Kashmir government`s statement that it wants the political process in the state to go on, the J&K National Panthers Party today demanded convening of an Assembly session immediately.
"The NC government is deceiving the centre by saying
that it wants the political process to go on. Omar Abdullah`s
statement is baseless and misleading," JKNPP Chairman Bhim
Singh told reporters here today.
"To gauge how much support the ruling government
enjoys in the Assembly, we demand urgent convening of the
assembly session," he said.
Singh, who was taken into preventive custody yesterday
along with ten of his supporters ahead of his proposed march
to Lal Chowk, said he would hold a convention in Ladakh and in
other districts of Kashmir.
Accusing the National Conference-led coalition of
misusing the Public Safety Act, Singh said, "NC and Congress
have always been misusing the PSA. The judicial process has
been vitiated by the ruling alliance."
"There should be no detention without trial. If you
think someone is doing something wrong, arrest them but
as per law. Don`t pass judgements without trials," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read