Convene J&K Assembly session immediately, says Bhim Singh
Srinagar: Rubbishing Jammu and Kashmir government`s statement that it wants the political process in the state to go on, the J&K National Panthers Party today demanded convening of an Assembly session immediately.
"The NC government is deceiving the centre by saying
that it wants the political process to go on. Omar Abdullah`s
statement is baseless and misleading," JKNPP Chairman Bhim
Singh told reporters here today.
"To gauge how much support the ruling government
enjoys in the Assembly, we demand urgent convening of the
assembly session," he said.
Singh, who was taken into preventive custody yesterday
along with ten of his supporters ahead of his proposed march
to Lal Chowk, said he would hold a convention in Ladakh and in
other districts of Kashmir.
Accusing the National Conference-led coalition of
misusing the Public Safety Act, Singh said, "NC and Congress
have always been misusing the PSA. The judicial process has
been vitiated by the ruling alliance."
"There should be no detention without trial. If you
think someone is doing something wrong, arrest them but
as per law. Don`t pass judgements without trials," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?