Convene J&K Assembly session immediately, says Bhim Singh
Srinagar: Rubbishing Jammu and Kashmir government`s statement that it wants the political process in the state to go on, the J&K National Panthers Party today demanded convening of an Assembly session immediately.
"The NC government is deceiving the centre by saying
that it wants the political process to go on. Omar Abdullah`s
statement is baseless and misleading," JKNPP Chairman Bhim
Singh told reporters here today.
"To gauge how much support the ruling government
enjoys in the Assembly, we demand urgent convening of the
assembly session," he said.
Singh, who was taken into preventive custody yesterday
along with ten of his supporters ahead of his proposed march
to Lal Chowk, said he would hold a convention in Ladakh and in
other districts of Kashmir.
Accusing the National Conference-led coalition of
misusing the Public Safety Act, Singh said, "NC and Congress
have always been misusing the PSA. The judicial process has
been vitiated by the ruling alliance."
"There should be no detention without trial. If you
think someone is doing something wrong, arrest them but
as per law. Don`t pass judgements without trials," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah