Convene J&K Assembly session immediately, says Bhim Singh
Srinagar: Rubbishing Jammu and Kashmir government`s statement that it wants the political process in the state to go on, the J&K National Panthers Party today demanded convening of an Assembly session immediately.
"The NC government is deceiving the centre by saying
that it wants the political process to go on. Omar Abdullah`s
statement is baseless and misleading," JKNPP Chairman Bhim
Singh told reporters here today.
"To gauge how much support the ruling government
enjoys in the Assembly, we demand urgent convening of the
assembly session," he said.
Singh, who was taken into preventive custody yesterday
along with ten of his supporters ahead of his proposed march
to Lal Chowk, said he would hold a convention in Ladakh and in
other districts of Kashmir.
Accusing the National Conference-led coalition of
misusing the Public Safety Act, Singh said, "NC and Congress
have always been misusing the PSA. The judicial process has
been vitiated by the ruling alliance."
"There should be no detention without trial. If you
think someone is doing something wrong, arrest them but
as per law. Don`t pass judgements without trials," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Euro 2016: Wayne Rooney and Roy Hodgson seek more ruthless from England against Iceland
- Gunman, who opened fire at German cinema complex before being shot dead, acted alone
- 'NSG applications of Pakistan, India should be considered together'
- Jung, Meena will be summoned over Sheila govt 'scams': Dy Speaker
- CBI files fresh chargesheet against two in Vyapam cases