Cop among three killed in road accidents in Valley
Srinagar: Three persons, including a policeman, were killed and two injured in separate road accidents in Kashmir Valley on Monday, police said.
A speeding three-wheeler hit constable Abdul Majeed Tantray, a resident of Handwara, at Soura on the outskirts of the city injuring him critically.
The constable was rushed to nearby SKIMS Hospital where he succumbed to injuries, police said.
A tractor rolled down into a gorge near Ourigund village in Pulwama district killing its driver Abdul Hamid Dar, they said.
Two persons, travelling on the tractor, were injured, police said.
Burhan-u-Din, a 17-year-old boy, was killed when he lost control of his motorcycle and rammed it into a wall of a house in Noorbagh locality in Sopore, some 55-km from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj