Cop among three killed in road accidents in Valley
Srinagar: Three persons, including a policeman, were killed and two injured in separate road accidents in Kashmir Valley on Monday, police said.
A speeding three-wheeler hit constable Abdul Majeed Tantray, a resident of Handwara, at Soura on the outskirts of the city injuring him critically.
The constable was rushed to nearby SKIMS Hospital where he succumbed to injuries, police said.
A tractor rolled down into a gorge near Ourigund village in Pulwama district killing its driver Abdul Hamid Dar, they said.
Two persons, travelling on the tractor, were injured, police said.
Burhan-u-Din, a 17-year-old boy, was killed when he lost control of his motorcycle and rammed it into a wall of a house in Noorbagh locality in Sopore, some 55-km from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert