Cop attempts suicide in J&K
Kishtwar: A 24-year-old police constable allegedly attempted suicide by shooting himself with his service rifle.
Sahil Sharma shot himself with his service rifle inside the guard room at CID headquarters in Kishtwar while performing his duty yesterday afternoon, officials said on Tuesday.
On hearing the gun shot, other policemen rushed to the spot and found Sharma lying in a pool of blood, they said, adding that he was shifted to the nearby hospital.
The doctors conducted an operation of the injured constable but in view of his critical condition and loss of blood, they referred him to Government Medical College hospital at Jammu.
As per the doctors, Sharma suffered a bullet injury on the left side of his chest.
Efforts areas being made to probe the reasons that prompted the constable to take the extreme step, they said.
In wake of the recent violence in Kishtwar, senior police officials had decided not to sanction leave in favour of police personnel posted in the district, according to sources.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Chopper deal: No evidence to link politicians with AgustaWestland bribes, says Italian judge who delivered verdict
- Check out pic: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's “Star Wars” meeting!
- AgustaWestland deal: Congress says govt trying to vilify its leaders
- Arvind Kejriwal admits for first time, odd-even not a long-term remedy
- European Central Bank scraps 500-euro note