Cop found dead in Jammu and Kashmir
Srinagar: A policeman, guarding former Jammu and Kashmir Minister Abdul Gani Malik, was found dead in the guardroom with gunshot wounds on his head, police said on Sunday.
Head constable Abdul Gani Dar was found dead in guardroom at the residence of Malik at Shivpora area on Sunday, they said, adding there were visible gunshot wounds on Dar`s head.
Later, the body of the deceased cop was handed over to his family after completing legal formalities.
Meanwhile, inquest proceedings under section 174 CRPC have been initiated in this regard, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad