Cop found dead in Jammu and Kashmir
Srinagar: A policeman, guarding former Jammu and Kashmir Minister Abdul Gani Malik, was found dead in the guardroom with gunshot wounds on his head, police said on Sunday.
Head constable Abdul Gani Dar was found dead in guardroom at the residence of Malik at Shivpora area on Sunday, they said, adding there were visible gunshot wounds on Dar`s head.
Later, the body of the deceased cop was handed over to his family after completing legal formalities.
Meanwhile, inquest proceedings under section 174 CRPC have been initiated in this regard, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama