Cop found dead in Jammu and Kashmir
Srinagar: A policeman, guarding former Jammu and Kashmir Minister Abdul Gani Malik, was found dead in the guardroom with gunshot wounds on his head, police said on Sunday.
Head constable Abdul Gani Dar was found dead in guardroom at the residence of Malik at Shivpora area on Sunday, they said, adding there were visible gunshot wounds on Dar`s head.
Later, the body of the deceased cop was handed over to his family after completing legal formalities.
Meanwhile, inquest proceedings under section 174 CRPC have been initiated in this regard, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'