Cop found dead in Jammu and Kashmir
Srinagar: A policeman, guarding former Jammu and Kashmir Minister Abdul Gani Malik, was found dead in the guardroom with gunshot wounds on his head, police said on Sunday.
Head constable Abdul Gani Dar was found dead in guardroom at the residence of Malik at Shivpora area on Sunday, they said, adding there were visible gunshot wounds on Dar`s head.
Later, the body of the deceased cop was handed over to his family after completing legal formalities.
Meanwhile, inquest proceedings under section 174 CRPC have been initiated in this regard, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister