Cop, four others injured in grenade blast in J&K
Srinagar: A police head constable was among five persons who were injured Tuesday when militants hurled a grenade at army vehicles near Deputy Commissioner`s office in Anantnag district of south Kashmir, police said.
Militants lobbed the grenade at two stationary army vehicles near Khanabal Chowk in Anantnag town this afternoon, the police said.
The grenade exploded after hitting one of the army vehicle, injuring four civilians and the police head constable, they said.
The army vehicle was damaged in the blast, the police said.
Security forces have cordoned off the area which houses several government offices, including Deputy Commissioner`s office.
No militant outfit has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?