Cop, four others injured in grenade blast in J&K
Srinagar: A police head constable was among five persons who were injured Tuesday when militants hurled a grenade at army vehicles near Deputy Commissioner`s office in Anantnag district of south Kashmir, police said.
Militants lobbed the grenade at two stationary army vehicles near Khanabal Chowk in Anantnag town this afternoon, the police said.
The grenade exploded after hitting one of the army vehicle, injuring four civilians and the police head constable, they said.
The army vehicle was damaged in the blast, the police said.
Security forces have cordoned off the area which houses several government offices, including Deputy Commissioner`s office.
No militant outfit has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!