Cop injured after CRPF officer`s weapon goes off accidentally
Srinagar: A policeman was injured on Monday when the service weapon of a CRPF officer went off accidentally in Nishat area of the city along the banks of Dal Lake, police sources said.
Head Constable Nazir Ahmad, posted in the Security wing of state police, sustained bullet injuries in his arm and leg when the service weapon of Assistant Sub Inspector Satpal Singh went off "accidentally" at Sher-e-Kashmir International Convention Centre on the banks of the Lake, the sources said.
The injured cop was hospitalised where his condition was stated to be stable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state