Cop shoots himself with service pistol in Kashmir
Srinagar: A police sub-inspector allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service pistol in north Kashmir`s Kupwara district on Sunday.
Sub-Inspector Ghulam Nabi Sheikh, who was posted as Station House Officer at Kalamabad Police station, was found dead inside his room in the police station premises this morning, a police spokesman said.
55-year-old Sheikh, a native of Zaloora in Kupwara district, shot himself in the temple with his service pistol, police said.
It was not immediately known why the Sub-Inspector took the extreme step, the spokesman said, adding police have registered a case and started investigations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- 'Madaari' movie review: Irrfan Khan displays brilliance in this thought provoking tale
- Thai cops question UK journalist`s wife over `royal insult`
- Pokemon Go debuts in the country where Pokemon was born!
- Nationwide frenzy as ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth arrives in style
- This is what Zakir Naik thinks about Narendra Modi, Islamic State and jihad