Cop shoots himself with service pistol in Kashmir
Srinagar: A police sub-inspector allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service pistol in north Kashmir`s Kupwara district on Sunday.
Sub-Inspector Ghulam Nabi Sheikh, who was posted as Station House Officer at Kalamabad Police station, was found dead inside his room in the police station premises this morning, a police spokesman said.
55-year-old Sheikh, a native of Zaloora in Kupwara district, shot himself in the temple with his service pistol, police said.
It was not immediately known why the Sub-Inspector took the extreme step, the spokesman said, adding police have registered a case and started investigations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back