Cop shoots himself with service pistol in Kashmir
Srinagar: A police sub-inspector allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service pistol in north Kashmir`s Kupwara district on Sunday.
Sub-Inspector Ghulam Nabi Sheikh, who was posted as Station House Officer at Kalamabad Police station, was found dead inside his room in the police station premises this morning, a police spokesman said.
55-year-old Sheikh, a native of Zaloora in Kupwara district, shot himself in the temple with his service pistol, police said.
It was not immediately known why the Sub-Inspector took the extreme step, the spokesman said, adding police have registered a case and started investigations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured