Cop shoots himself with service pistol in Kashmir
Srinagar: A police sub-inspector allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service pistol in north Kashmir`s Kupwara district on Sunday.
Sub-Inspector Ghulam Nabi Sheikh, who was posted as Station House Officer at Kalamabad Police station, was found dead inside his room in the police station premises this morning, a police spokesman said.
55-year-old Sheikh, a native of Zaloora in Kupwara district, shot himself in the temple with his service pistol, police said.
It was not immediately known why the Sub-Inspector took the extreme step, the spokesman said, adding police have registered a case and started investigations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- India's economy never been in stronger position than today: Parekh
- HP's privacy screen secures notebooks from visual hacking
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai receive Khel Ratna award
- Significance of why Lord Shiva wears tiger skin! Read more
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!