Cops punished for abusing politicians
Jammu: In a punitive action, the Jammu and
Kashmir government on Thursday attached two police officers,
including an IPS, to police headquarters here after a video
showing them using "foul" language against some politicians
was circulated on the Internet.
"SSP (Vigilance) Basant Rath and Kulgam SP Mubassir
Latifee were attached to police headquarters for use of foul
and derogatory language against some politicians (as shown in
a leaked CD which surfaced on the Internet," an official said.
The decision was taken at a Cabinet meeting chaired by
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah here, he said.
The CD showing the two officers using derogatory language
against some politicians during interrogation of businessman
Nagar Singh at Gandhi Nagar police station here surfaced on
social networking site `youtube` in October.
Singh is in jail in connection with attempt to destroy
murder weapon in a 2009 case in which his son Jitender is the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'