Cops punished for abusing politicians
Jammu: In a punitive action, the Jammu and
Kashmir government on Thursday attached two police officers,
including an IPS, to police headquarters here after a video
showing them using "foul" language against some politicians
was circulated on the Internet.
"SSP (Vigilance) Basant Rath and Kulgam SP Mubassir
Latifee were attached to police headquarters for use of foul
and derogatory language against some politicians (as shown in
a leaked CD which surfaced on the Internet," an official said.
The decision was taken at a Cabinet meeting chaired by
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah here, he said.
The CD showing the two officers using derogatory language
against some politicians during interrogation of businessman
Nagar Singh at Gandhi Nagar police station here surfaced on
social networking site `youtube` in October.
Singh is in jail in connection with attempt to destroy
murder weapon in a 2009 case in which his son Jitender is the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister