Cops recover large cache of arms from cave in J&K
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Wednesday claimed to have
recovered a large cache of arms and ammunitions from a cave in a forest in Jammu and Kashmir following a trail given by a
"most wanted" Hizb militant who was arrested here last month.
Acting on the information, a joint team of Special Cell
and JK Police on November 25 recovered a AK-56 rifle, four
magazines, 120 rounds, a hand grenade, two matrix, documents, diary and combat gun pouch (Bandolier) from a cave in Richbagla forest in Rajouri, Additional DCP (Special Cell) Shibhesh Singh said.
After evading arrest for nearly a decade, Hizbul
Mujahideen`s self-styled divisional commander Mohammed
Abdullah Inquilabi referred to as `Mr Surrender` was arrested
in Delhi on November 14.
During interrogation, Singh said, Inquilabi told
investigators that during his school days he came in contact
with a Maulavi in PoK, who motivated him to join militancy.
"The Maulavi introduced him to leader of Peer Panjal
Regiment of Hizbul Mujahideen in PoK. After undergoing
training in weapon handling in PoK, he came to JK along with
"Over the years he grew in stature and notoriety and
indulged in several terrorist acts during the last 10 years.
He is one of the longest surviving militant of JK. During this
period he also married a local girl so as to camouflage his
identity and get local support for his nefarious activities,"
Inquilabi was known as `Mr Surrender` as he used to
contact several senior police officials with a proposal to
surrender while carrying out his nefarious and anti-national
A resident of Shahadra in PoK, he was initially chief of
Hizb`s Pir Panjal Regiment (HMPPR) which got wiped out
recently and he took over as Hizb divisional commander for
Abdullah had let loose reign of terror in Pir Panchal
area and his area of operation was Budhal, Dharamshal,
Kalakote, Shopian, Mahore, Gulabgarh and other parts of Reasi
district, police said.
He is alleged to be involved in the murder of four Hindus
in Dharshal area of Rajouri district on May 14, 2005, killing
of three SPOs in Draman Bhudal area of Rajouri district on
November 18, 2009.
He was also allegedly involved in the killing of three
brothers in Tryath in Kalakote belt in 2005 and a BSF jawan,
his wife and two SPOs in Kandi belt and Pirgagala areas
respectively in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof