Cops recover large cache of arms from cave in J&K
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Wednesday claimed to have
recovered a large cache of arms and ammunitions from a cave in a forest in Jammu and Kashmir following a trail given by a
"most wanted" Hizb militant who was arrested here last month.
Acting on the information, a joint team of Special Cell
and JK Police on November 25 recovered a AK-56 rifle, four
magazines, 120 rounds, a hand grenade, two matrix, documents, diary and combat gun pouch (Bandolier) from a cave in Richbagla forest in Rajouri, Additional DCP (Special Cell) Shibhesh Singh said.
After evading arrest for nearly a decade, Hizbul
Mujahideen`s self-styled divisional commander Mohammed
Abdullah Inquilabi referred to as `Mr Surrender` was arrested
in Delhi on November 14.
During interrogation, Singh said, Inquilabi told
investigators that during his school days he came in contact
with a Maulavi in PoK, who motivated him to join militancy.
"The Maulavi introduced him to leader of Peer Panjal
Regiment of Hizbul Mujahideen in PoK. After undergoing
training in weapon handling in PoK, he came to JK along with
"Over the years he grew in stature and notoriety and
indulged in several terrorist acts during the last 10 years.
He is one of the longest surviving militant of JK. During this
period he also married a local girl so as to camouflage his
identity and get local support for his nefarious activities,"
Inquilabi was known as `Mr Surrender` as he used to
contact several senior police officials with a proposal to
surrender while carrying out his nefarious and anti-national
A resident of Shahadra in PoK, he was initially chief of
Hizb`s Pir Panjal Regiment (HMPPR) which got wiped out
recently and he took over as Hizb divisional commander for
Abdullah had let loose reign of terror in Pir Panchal
area and his area of operation was Budhal, Dharamshal,
Kalakote, Shopian, Mahore, Gulabgarh and other parts of Reasi
district, police said.
He is alleged to be involved in the murder of four Hindus
in Dharshal area of Rajouri district on May 14, 2005, killing
of three SPOs in Draman Bhudal area of Rajouri district on
November 18, 2009.
He was also allegedly involved in the killing of three
brothers in Tryath in Kalakote belt in 2005 and a BSF jawan,
his wife and two SPOs in Kandi belt and Pirgagala areas
respectively in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened