Corporal punishment: Teacher thrashes 8-year-old girl in J&K
Kashmir: Yet again another case of corporal punishment has come to light and this time from Jammu & Kashmir.
A class four student studying in a government middle school in Nagari, near Rajouri district was beaten by a teacher after she refused to leave her school and join a private academy run by him.
The 8-year-old girl, Sonika Devi has received multiple fractures on her right hand and will be undergoing surgery.
The teacher has been identified as Vaid Prakash. A FIR has been filed against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video