Corporal punishment: Teacher thrashes 8-year-old girl in J&K
Kashmir: Yet again another case of corporal punishment has come to light and this time from Jammu & Kashmir.
A class four student studying in a government middle school in Nagari, near Rajouri district was beaten by a teacher after she refused to leave her school and join a private academy run by him.
The 8-year-old girl, Sonika Devi has received multiple fractures on her right hand and will be undergoing surgery.
The teacher has been identified as Vaid Prakash. A FIR has been filed against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown