Corporal punishment: Teacher thrashes 8-year-old girl in J&K
Kashmir: Yet again another case of corporal punishment has come to light and this time from Jammu & Kashmir.
A class four student studying in a government middle school in Nagari, near Rajouri district was beaten by a teacher after she refused to leave her school and join a private academy run by him.
The 8-year-old girl, Sonika Devi has received multiple fractures on her right hand and will be undergoing surgery.
The teacher has been identified as Vaid Prakash. A FIR has been filed against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj