Corporal punishment: Teacher thrashes 8-year-old girl in J&K
Kashmir: Yet again another case of corporal punishment has come to light and this time from Jammu & Kashmir.
A class four student studying in a government middle school in Nagari, near Rajouri district was beaten by a teacher after she refused to leave her school and join a private academy run by him.
The 8-year-old girl, Sonika Devi has received multiple fractures on her right hand and will be undergoing surgery.
The teacher has been identified as Vaid Prakash. A FIR has been filed against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest