Corporal punishment: Teacher thrashes 8-year-old girl in J&K
Kashmir: Yet again another case of corporal punishment has come to light and this time from Jammu & Kashmir.
A class four student studying in a government middle school in Nagari, near Rajouri district was beaten by a teacher after she refused to leave her school and join a private academy run by him.
The 8-year-old girl, Sonika Devi has received multiple fractures on her right hand and will be undergoing surgery.
The teacher has been identified as Vaid Prakash. A FIR has been filed against him.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- No takers for Kingfisher Airlines brand at online auction
- Uttarakhand forest fire: PMO assures help for relief work
- AgustaWestland row: Aam Aadmi Party to gherao Sonia Gandhi, PM Narendra Modi's residence on May 7
- Poll contest in Kerala heading from 'bi-polar' to 'tri-polar': Arun Jaitley
- VVIP chopper scam: No deal inked with AgustaWestland, says Govt