Court directs Shabir Ahmad Khan to be present before police on Thursday
Zee Media Bureau
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir High Court on Wednesday directed former health minister, Shabir Ahmad Khan, to be present before the investigating officer in the alleged molestation case on Thursday.
The court also said if police arrest the accused, he should be bailed out after furnishing a bail bond of Rs. 25,000, IANS stated.
Khan has been accused of molesting by a lady doctor who said that the incident took place earlier this month in his office.
Soon after the allegations were made, doctors took to street protesting against the minister and demanding his arrest.
An arrest warrant was also issued against him after he failed to appear for an investigation.
Jammu and Kashmir Assembly Speaker, Mubarak Gul, had also gave his permission to the police to arrest him. Meanwhile, Khan had moved bail plea in the court to evade arrest.
An FIR has been registered against him under Sections 354 (assault or use of criminal force against a woman with intent to outrage her modesty) and 509 (a word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) against Khan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues