CPI(M) asks `communal forces` to shun disruptive policies in J&K
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir unit of CPI (M) on Friday urged "communal forces" to shun disruptive policies to help people lead a dignified and peaceful life.
"Communal forces should shun communal and disruptive tendencies and help people to lead a dignified life, based on love, amity and brotherhood, which is the true spirit of Jammu and Kashmir`s pluralistic ethos," CPI(M) state secretary, M Y Tarigami said at a convention on `communal harmony`, organised by the Jammu Regional Committee here.
"Dividing people on the communal lines is barbaric and highly dangerous," Tarigami added.
He said some `communal forces` have not reconciled with the age-old traditions, rich cultural, linguistic, religious and geographical diversity of our people.
"They are desperately attempting their best to vitiate the atmosphere spreading canards and provoking people whipping up communal passions,” the CPI (M) leader added.
"This trend to divide people on communal lines if not arrested well in time, could be dangerous to our state," Tarigami said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal