CPI(M) asks `communal forces` to shun disruptive policies in J&K
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir unit of CPI (M) on Friday urged "communal forces" to shun disruptive policies to help people lead a dignified and peaceful life.
"Communal forces should shun communal and disruptive tendencies and help people to lead a dignified life, based on love, amity and brotherhood, which is the true spirit of Jammu and Kashmir`s pluralistic ethos," CPI(M) state secretary, M Y Tarigami said at a convention on `communal harmony`, organised by the Jammu Regional Committee here.
"Dividing people on the communal lines is barbaric and highly dangerous," Tarigami added.
He said some `communal forces` have not reconciled with the age-old traditions, rich cultural, linguistic, religious and geographical diversity of our people.
"They are desperately attempting their best to vitiate the atmosphere spreading canards and provoking people whipping up communal passions,” the CPI (M) leader added.
"This trend to divide people on communal lines if not arrested well in time, could be dangerous to our state," Tarigami said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets 2000 km strategic road for development
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Belgian Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton ready for slog from back of the field
- Traditional Indian diet dramatically cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Carnage in Florida: KL Rahul, Evin Lewis tons laid foundation for West Indies-India T20I run mountain
- Over 34,500 criminals sentenced in 1 year in UP: DGP(Prosecution)
- Venezuela sends opposition leader back to jail, expels Ecuadoran lawmakers