CPI(M) asks `communal forces` to shun disruptive policies in J&K
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir unit of CPI (M) on Friday urged "communal forces" to shun disruptive policies to help people lead a dignified and peaceful life.
"Communal forces should shun communal and disruptive tendencies and help people to lead a dignified life, based on love, amity and brotherhood, which is the true spirit of Jammu and Kashmir`s pluralistic ethos," CPI(M) state secretary, M Y Tarigami said at a convention on `communal harmony`, organised by the Jammu Regional Committee here.
"Dividing people on the communal lines is barbaric and highly dangerous," Tarigami added.
He said some `communal forces` have not reconciled with the age-old traditions, rich cultural, linguistic, religious and geographical diversity of our people.
"They are desperately attempting their best to vitiate the atmosphere spreading canards and provoking people whipping up communal passions,” the CPI (M) leader added.
"This trend to divide people on communal lines if not arrested well in time, could be dangerous to our state," Tarigami said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional