CPI(M) asks `communal forces` to shun disruptive policies in J&K
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir unit of CPI (M) on Friday urged "communal forces" to shun disruptive policies to help people lead a dignified and peaceful life.
"Communal forces should shun communal and disruptive tendencies and help people to lead a dignified life, based on love, amity and brotherhood, which is the true spirit of Jammu and Kashmir`s pluralistic ethos," CPI(M) state secretary, M Y Tarigami said at a convention on `communal harmony`, organised by the Jammu Regional Committee here.
"Dividing people on the communal lines is barbaric and highly dangerous," Tarigami added.
He said some `communal forces` have not reconciled with the age-old traditions, rich cultural, linguistic, religious and geographical diversity of our people.
"They are desperately attempting their best to vitiate the atmosphere spreading canards and provoking people whipping up communal passions,” the CPI (M) leader added.
"This trend to divide people on communal lines if not arrested well in time, could be dangerous to our state," Tarigami said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror