CPI(M) asks `communal forces` to shun disruptive policies in J&K
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir unit of CPI (M) on Friday urged "communal forces" to shun disruptive policies to help people lead a dignified and peaceful life.
"Communal forces should shun communal and disruptive tendencies and help people to lead a dignified life, based on love, amity and brotherhood, which is the true spirit of Jammu and Kashmir`s pluralistic ethos," CPI(M) state secretary, M Y Tarigami said at a convention on `communal harmony`, organised by the Jammu Regional Committee here.
"Dividing people on the communal lines is barbaric and highly dangerous," Tarigami added.
He said some `communal forces` have not reconciled with the age-old traditions, rich cultural, linguistic, religious and geographical diversity of our people.
"They are desperately attempting their best to vitiate the atmosphere spreading canards and provoking people whipping up communal passions,” the CPI (M) leader added.
"This trend to divide people on communal lines if not arrested well in time, could be dangerous to our state," Tarigami said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!