CPI(M) asks state govt to ensure power supply
Jammu: The CPI(M) on Wednesday asked the state government to take immediate measures to ensure regular power supply to the migrant Jagti township here.
"We strongly urge authorities to take immediate measures so that regular power supply be ensured for Jagti Township on the outskirts of Jammu city," State Secretary of CPI(M) Mohammad Yousuf Tarigami said on Wednesday.
He expressed his serious concern about regular power cuts in Migrant Jagti Township and said it has made the lives of residents there miserable.
"It is surprising that power supply is being curtailed from 10 pm to 7 am on a regular basis during night hours which has put the lives of old-aged and ailing inmates to high risk, besides, affecting the careers of the student community in the camp", he said.
The curtailment of power supply for more than 18 hours a day has created havoc in the camp, he said adding that as a result of power curtailment the water supply has also been adversely affected in the camp which has added to the woes of the inhabitants of the camp.
Despite repeated assurances by the government that the living conditions in the camp will be improved nothing substantial seems to have been done on ground so far, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state