CPI(M) demands food security for all citizens
Jammu: CPI(M) on Friday held a protest rally here demanding a universal public distribution system to ensure food security for all citizens in the country.
The protest was observed by the regional committee, Jammu, of the Communist Party of India (Marxist) at Green Belt Park in Gandhi Nagar.
Led by the party`s Regional Secretary Sham Prasad Kesar, a large number of activists participated in this protest shouting slogans against the policies of the government.
The rally started from Green Belt Park and after passing through Panama Chowk culminated at the Divisional Commissioner`s office.
Kesar said the demonstration was the culmination of the month-long joint campaign on the issue of food security and price rise conducted by the left parties throughout the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?