CPI(M) demands food security for all citizens
Jammu: CPI(M) on Friday held a protest rally here demanding a universal public distribution system to ensure food security for all citizens in the country.
The protest was observed by the regional committee, Jammu, of the Communist Party of India (Marxist) at Green Belt Park in Gandhi Nagar.
Led by the party`s Regional Secretary Sham Prasad Kesar, a large number of activists participated in this protest shouting slogans against the policies of the government.
The rally started from Green Belt Park and after passing through Panama Chowk culminated at the Divisional Commissioner`s office.
Kesar said the demonstration was the culmination of the month-long joint campaign on the issue of food security and price rise conducted by the left parties throughout the country.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on