CPI(M) demands food security for all citizens
Jammu: CPI(M) on Friday held a protest rally here demanding a universal public distribution system to ensure food security for all citizens in the country.
The protest was observed by the regional committee, Jammu, of the Communist Party of India (Marxist) at Green Belt Park in Gandhi Nagar.
Led by the party`s Regional Secretary Sham Prasad Kesar, a large number of activists participated in this protest shouting slogans against the policies of the government.
The rally started from Green Belt Park and after passing through Panama Chowk culminated at the Divisional Commissioner`s office.
Kesar said the demonstration was the culmination of the month-long joint campaign on the issue of food security and price rise conducted by the left parties throughout the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'