CPI(M) demands food security for all citizens
Jammu: CPI(M) on Friday held a protest rally here demanding a universal public distribution system to ensure food security for all citizens in the country.
The protest was observed by the regional committee, Jammu, of the Communist Party of India (Marxist) at Green Belt Park in Gandhi Nagar.
Led by the party`s Regional Secretary Sham Prasad Kesar, a large number of activists participated in this protest shouting slogans against the policies of the government.
The rally started from Green Belt Park and after passing through Panama Chowk culminated at the Divisional Commissioner`s office.
Kesar said the demonstration was the culmination of the month-long joint campaign on the issue of food security and price rise conducted by the left parties throughout the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step