CPI(M) demands food security for all citizens
Jammu: CPI(M) on Friday held a protest rally here demanding a universal public distribution system to ensure food security for all citizens in the country.
The protest was observed by the regional committee, Jammu, of the Communist Party of India (Marxist) at Green Belt Park in Gandhi Nagar.
Led by the party`s Regional Secretary Sham Prasad Kesar, a large number of activists participated in this protest shouting slogans against the policies of the government.
The rally started from Green Belt Park and after passing through Panama Chowk culminated at the Divisional Commissioner`s office.
Kesar said the demonstration was the culmination of the month-long joint campaign on the issue of food security and price rise conducted by the left parties throughout the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail