CPI(M) demands immediate action against BSF personnel
New Delhi: CPI(M) on Friday demanded immediate action against the BSF personnel who fired upon protestors in Ramban district of Jammu and Kashmir, claiming at least four lives and injuring several others.
"It is essential to take strong action against those responsible for the brutalities perpetrated by the security forces and police in the valley. The CPI(M) urges the central government to act without any further delay," the party Politburo said in a statement here.
Condemning the "brutal firing" by the BSF on protesters yesterday, the CPI(M) accused the Centre of adopting an "utterly insensitive approach to the situation in the valley. Even on earlier occasions, no one has been held accountable or punished for the killing of civilians".
It said that even though assurances were given, no one has been punished for the killing of over 100 young men by the security forces in the summer of 2010.
"Further, no steps have been taken towards a political solution to the problems in spite of the reports and recommendations of numerous commissions and committees."
Four people were killed yesterday when security personnel opened fire at a mob that had gathered at a BSF camp in Ramban district protesting against alleged manhandling of an Imam of the area by the force. Curfew was also imposed last night in the district in the Jammu region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow