CPMFWA demands `one rank one pension`
Jammu: Slamming the Centre for not addressing their long pending demand of `One-rank One-pension`, retired personnel under the Central Para Military Force Welfare Association (CPMFWA) of Jammu and Kashmir on Thursday demanded one rank pension and increase in medical allowance.
"We demand that the central government should address our long pending principal demand of one rank one pension", CPWFWA leader, Bakshi Singh told reporters here today.
He also demanded that there should be enhancement of medical allowance from Rs 300 to Rs 1000.
"This is a long pending demand of our association but the government has totally failed to address this demand", he said.
He asked the Home Ministry to provide immediate relief to the pre-2006 retired employees who are the most suffering among the CPMFs.
"We have given our service to the nation. Some of the officers and jawans laid down their lives in the defence of the nation. But we are being treated badly by the government", he claimed, adding, "we deserve better facilities from the government".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love