Crackdown on black marketing of bricks in Budgam
Srinagar: Authorities in central Kashmir`s Budgam district have seized 20 trucks carrying illegally sold bricks.
An official spokesman said an inquiry has been launched against the brick kiln owners and tipper operators who are involved in black marketing of bricks and their sale without proper receipts.
"A special squad comprising of police and revenue officials yesterday seized 20 tippers carrying bricks which were without proper receipt and cash memo, and other required documents," the spokesman said.
He said some operators were apprehended as they produced fraud receipts.
"Pending action under rules, all 20 tippers were placed under police custody," the spokesman said.
The spokesman said that administration "will gather all efforts to derail the evil designs of profiteers and black marketers" of bricks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145