Cracked Srinagar CRPF attack case: J&K Police
Srinagar: Police on Tuesday claimed to have cracked the suicide attack case on a CRPF camp here with the arrest of four persons, including an LeT militant from Pakistan, and recovered huge cache of arms, but said investigations did not prove that the attack was linked to execution of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
"We have completed the investigations into the attack and cracked the case," Inspector General of Police (IGP), Kashmir, Abdul Gani Mir told reporters here.
A former militant, Mukhtar Shah, was the fourth person to be arrested in connection with the attack for providing logistical support to the fidayeens who stormed a CRPF camp in Bemina in central Srinagar on March 13, killing five jawans, the IGP said.
Investigations had not proved that the attack was a revenge attack for the execution of Guru, who was hanged in Tihar jail on February 9, he said.
"Investigations have not proved that this was a revenge attack," he said.
A huge cache of arms and ammunition was also recovered, he said. "Two AK 47s (with eight magazines), 240 AK rounds, one UBGL, 40 rifle grenades, 40 hand grenades, two pouches, two anti-tank mines, 12 RC`s, one map, two light bags, three GPS devices, two compasses, two wireless sets, two time bombs (charge, timer and detonators), pencil cell batteries and a transparent poly - pack containing `Made in Pakistan` medicines and ointment, have been recovered," he said.
"The investigations have been completed in the best manner and minimum possible time. We have made four arrests related to the case," he said.
"One Pakistani national Mohammad Zubair alias Talha Zaraar of Multan who belongs to LeT was arrested from Chattabal area of Srinagar and was the facilitator and controller of the two fidayeens (suicide militants)," Mir said.
Two former militants, Bashir Ahmad Mir and Mukhtar Shah, who provided logistical support to the attackers, have also been arrested, he said, adding, another person Pradeep Singh, a contractual government employee has also been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy