Cracked Srinagar CRPF attack case: J&K Police
Srinagar: Police on Tuesday claimed to have cracked the suicide attack case on a CRPF camp here with the arrest of four persons, including an LeT militant from Pakistan, and recovered huge cache of arms, but said investigations did not prove that the attack was linked to execution of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
"We have completed the investigations into the attack and cracked the case," Inspector General of Police (IGP), Kashmir, Abdul Gani Mir told reporters here.
A former militant, Mukhtar Shah, was the fourth person to be arrested in connection with the attack for providing logistical support to the fidayeens who stormed a CRPF camp in Bemina in central Srinagar on March 13, killing five jawans, the IGP said.
Investigations had not proved that the attack was a revenge attack for the execution of Guru, who was hanged in Tihar jail on February 9, he said.
"Investigations have not proved that this was a revenge attack," he said.
A huge cache of arms and ammunition was also recovered, he said. "Two AK 47s (with eight magazines), 240 AK rounds, one UBGL, 40 rifle grenades, 40 hand grenades, two pouches, two anti-tank mines, 12 RC`s, one map, two light bags, three GPS devices, two compasses, two wireless sets, two time bombs (charge, timer and detonators), pencil cell batteries and a transparent poly - pack containing `Made in Pakistan` medicines and ointment, have been recovered," he said.
"The investigations have been completed in the best manner and minimum possible time. We have made four arrests related to the case," he said.
"One Pakistani national Mohammad Zubair alias Talha Zaraar of Multan who belongs to LeT was arrested from Chattabal area of Srinagar and was the facilitator and controller of the two fidayeens (suicide militants)," Mir said.
Two former militants, Bashir Ahmad Mir and Mukhtar Shah, who provided logistical support to the attackers, have also been arrested, he said, adding, another person Pradeep Singh, a contractual government employee has also been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future