Create separate Assembly for Jammu: MLAs
Srinagar: Two MLAs from Jammu on Tuesday sought
establishment of a separate Legislative Assembly for the
region, alleging that the state Assembly was being held
hostage by rivalry between the ruling NC and Opposition PDP.
National Panthers Party MLA Balwant Singh Mankotia and
Independent MLA Ashwini Kumar Sharma made the demand after the
Question Hour was lost to debate between PDP and the treasury
bench on maintainability of the adjournment motion moved by
the Opposition for discussion on unmarked graves.
"A special session may be called after this session where
National Conference and PDP can slug it out," Mankotia told
Speaker Mohammad Akbar Lone, while demanding separate Assembly
for Jammu region since important issues relating to their
constituencies were not taken up.
He was supported by Sharma who said, "If this drama
continues, then create a separate Assembly for Jammu."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital