Create separate Assembly for Jammu: MLAs
Srinagar: Two MLAs from Jammu on Tuesday sought
establishment of a separate Legislative Assembly for the
region, alleging that the state Assembly was being held
hostage by rivalry between the ruling NC and Opposition PDP.
National Panthers Party MLA Balwant Singh Mankotia and
Independent MLA Ashwini Kumar Sharma made the demand after the
Question Hour was lost to debate between PDP and the treasury
bench on maintainability of the adjournment motion moved by
the Opposition for discussion on unmarked graves.
"A special session may be called after this session where
National Conference and PDP can slug it out," Mankotia told
Speaker Mohammad Akbar Lone, while demanding separate Assembly
for Jammu region since important issues relating to their
constituencies were not taken up.
He was supported by Sharma who said, "If this drama
continues, then create a separate Assembly for Jammu."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown