Create separate Assembly for Jammu: MLAs
Srinagar: Two MLAs from Jammu on Tuesday sought
establishment of a separate Legislative Assembly for the
region, alleging that the state Assembly was being held
hostage by rivalry between the ruling NC and Opposition PDP.
National Panthers Party MLA Balwant Singh Mankotia and
Independent MLA Ashwini Kumar Sharma made the demand after the
Question Hour was lost to debate between PDP and the treasury
bench on maintainability of the adjournment motion moved by
the Opposition for discussion on unmarked graves.
"A special session may be called after this session where
National Conference and PDP can slug it out," Mankotia told
Speaker Mohammad Akbar Lone, while demanding separate Assembly
for Jammu region since important issues relating to their
constituencies were not taken up.
He was supported by Sharma who said, "If this drama
continues, then create a separate Assembly for Jammu."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police