Create separate Assembly for Jammu: MLAs
Srinagar: Two MLAs from Jammu on Tuesday sought
establishment of a separate Legislative Assembly for the
region, alleging that the state Assembly was being held
hostage by rivalry between the ruling NC and Opposition PDP.
National Panthers Party MLA Balwant Singh Mankotia and
Independent MLA Ashwini Kumar Sharma made the demand after the
Question Hour was lost to debate between PDP and the treasury
bench on maintainability of the adjournment motion moved by
the Opposition for discussion on unmarked graves.
"A special session may be called after this session where
National Conference and PDP can slug it out," Mankotia told
Speaker Mohammad Akbar Lone, while demanding separate Assembly
for Jammu region since important issues relating to their
constituencies were not taken up.
He was supported by Sharma who said, "If this drama
continues, then create a separate Assembly for Jammu."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi