Create separate Assembly for Jammu: MLAs
Srinagar: Two MLAs from Jammu on Tuesday sought
establishment of a separate Legislative Assembly for the
region, alleging that the state Assembly was being held
hostage by rivalry between the ruling NC and Opposition PDP.
National Panthers Party MLA Balwant Singh Mankotia and
Independent MLA Ashwini Kumar Sharma made the demand after the
Question Hour was lost to debate between PDP and the treasury
bench on maintainability of the adjournment motion moved by
the Opposition for discussion on unmarked graves.
"A special session may be called after this session where
National Conference and PDP can slug it out," Mankotia told
Speaker Mohammad Akbar Lone, while demanding separate Assembly
for Jammu region since important issues relating to their
constituencies were not taken up.
He was supported by Sharma who said, "If this drama
continues, then create a separate Assembly for Jammu."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her