Creation of new administrative units a historic decision: Omar
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Sunday said creation of new administrative units in the state was a historic decision of the coalition government to take the administration to the doorsteps of the people.
The Chief Minister, while speaking to a deputation from Pulwama, Rajpora and Shahoora led by Mohi-ud-Din Mir here, said the move will help ensure all-round development and socio-economic upliftment of the people particularly living in far-flung areas of the state.
He said necessary paraphernalia for the newly created administrative units would be created alongwith arranging funds so that they become functional as soon as possible.
Omar said that in order to accommodate the genuine demands of people of a few left out areas, he has already announced constitution of expert committee to look into the genuine demands and finalise the report within three months so that Cabinet will take a decision in this regard.
The Chief Minister said his government focused attention on the equitable and holistic development during the last five years and reached out to all areas in the development front.
Inclusive development and the upliftment of poorer areas received added attention, he said adding thousands of development works in all fields of life were launched, implemented, completed and commissioned during the period while many more are under implementation.
Omar said that special thrust of the government remained on restoration of peace and empowerment of common people besides strengthening institutions and curbing corruption.
Under the path breaking initiatives of Public Service Guarantee Act, the service delivery in 13 departments covering about 80 services has been made time bound, he said.
He said under Right to Information Act general people were also empowered to question the government on its performance in all fields.
The deputation expressed gratitude to the Chief Minister for creation of new administrative units adding that this was the long cherished desire of the people.
Another deputation from Kulgam in its meeting with the Chief Minister highlighted some development demands concerning their area.
A deputation from Ganderbal presented memoranda relating to the more schemes required in the area to accelerate the growth of development, while a deputation of Lambardars in its meeting with the Chief Minister talked about issues relating to the welfare of the community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Wow! This is how Mukesh Ambani's home Antilia looks from inside
- Donald Trump reaches the magic number to clinch Republican nomination
- Sexism row: Darren Sammy defends 'entertainer' Chris Gayle
- Inexhaustible Rafael Nadal wins 200th Grand Slam match
- Half-century for world no. 1 Novak Djokovic at Roland Garros