Crime Branch, vigilance to probe J&K spurious drug scam
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Saturday night ordered separate probes by the Crime Branch and the Vigilance Department into the purchase and supply of spurious drugs in the state.
"A detailed probe into the spurious drug `Amoxicillin Trihydrate`, IP batch No PBT-1583, supplied to the Health institutions in the state was referred to the Crime Branch," Health Minister Shabir Ahmad Khan told reporters here.
"The matter has also been referred to the Vigilance Department to ascertain the role of various officials involved," he said.
"The Drug Control Department through its testing laboratory revealed that Amoxicillin Trihydrate, manufactured in August 2012 and supplied by M/S Life Line Pharmaco Surgical, has zero potency and, hence, failed the test," the minister said.
Subsequently, all medicines of this make and batch were seized and no further use was allowed, he said.
These spurious medicines to the tune of Rs 11.23 lakh were supplied to the government, Khan said.
When asked about the involvement of former Health Minister Sham Lal Sharma in the scam and whether the inquiry committee, set up by the state government, had indicted him, the Minister said "no".
Further inquiries would be conducted by the Crime Branch and the Vigilance Department, Khan said.
The inquiry committee, which was set up by the state government on April 4 to submit a report within 15 days, did not indict former health minister and present PHE, Irrigation and Flood Control minister Sham Lal Sharma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon