Criminal escapes from police custody in J&K
Jammu: A day after he was arrested, an alleged criminal managed to escape from police custody in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Friday.
The criminal, identified as Mohsin Ganai, was arrested on August 28 and lodged in Bhaderwah police station in the district, police officials said, adding that he was involved in a number of cases.
While police officials were busy in security preparations for Janmashtami processions, the accused dodged local staff and managed to escape from the police station yesterday, they said.
A fresh case has been registered against him and a hunt has been launched to nab the accused, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed