Criminal escapes from police custody in J&K
Jammu: A day after he was arrested, an alleged criminal managed to escape from police custody in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Friday.
The criminal, identified as Mohsin Ganai, was arrested on August 28 and lodged in Bhaderwah police station in the district, police officials said, adding that he was involved in a number of cases.
While police officials were busy in security preparations for Janmashtami processions, the accused dodged local staff and managed to escape from the police station yesterday, they said.
A fresh case has been registered against him and a hunt has been launched to nab the accused, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...