Criminal escapes from police custody in J&K
Jammu: A day after he was arrested, an alleged criminal managed to escape from police custody in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Friday.
The criminal, identified as Mohsin Ganai, was arrested on August 28 and lodged in Bhaderwah police station in the district, police officials said, adding that he was involved in a number of cases.
While police officials were busy in security preparations for Janmashtami processions, the accused dodged local staff and managed to escape from the police station yesterday, they said.
A fresh case has been registered against him and a hunt has been launched to nab the accused, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble