Criminal escapes from police custody in J&K
Jammu: A day after he was arrested, an alleged criminal managed to escape from police custody in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Friday.
The criminal, identified as Mohsin Ganai, was arrested on August 28 and lodged in Bhaderwah police station in the district, police officials said, adding that he was involved in a number of cases.
While police officials were busy in security preparations for Janmashtami processions, the accused dodged local staff and managed to escape from the police station yesterday, they said.
A fresh case has been registered against him and a hunt has been launched to nab the accused, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands