Cross border love story: Girl detained while trying to cross PoK to meet boyfriend
Poonch (J&K): In love with a boy from Pakistan occupied Kashmir, a girl was arrested in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir along the Indo-Pak border while trying to cross-over to PoK to meet him just two days before her marriage.
Irum Fatima (22) was held when she tried to cross over to PoK along the Line of Control in Phagwari gali by security personnel in Poonch district last evening, officials said.
Fatima was against her marriage, which was to take place on November 8 this year in Golat village in Mendhar tehsil of the district, and ran away from home to cross over to PoK to meet the boy she loved, who is also her relative,they said.
She had met her him when he had come to her village on permit last year along with other relatives and since then they were in touch through Facebook, they said.
She has been handed over to the police by the security personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price