Cross border love story: Girl detained while trying to cross PoK to meet boyfriend
Poonch (J&K): In love with a boy from Pakistan occupied Kashmir, a girl was arrested in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir along the Indo-Pak border while trying to cross-over to PoK to meet him just two days before her marriage.
Irum Fatima (22) was held when she tried to cross over to PoK along the Line of Control in Phagwari gali by security personnel in Poonch district last evening, officials said.
Fatima was against her marriage, which was to take place on November 8 this year in Golat village in Mendhar tehsil of the district, and ran away from home to cross over to PoK to meet the boy she loved, who is also her relative,they said.
She had met her him when he had come to her village on permit last year along with other relatives and since then they were in touch through Facebook, they said.
She has been handed over to the police by the security personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins