Cross border love story: Girl detained while trying to cross PoK to meet boyfriend
Poonch (J&K): In love with a boy from Pakistan occupied Kashmir, a girl was arrested in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir along the Indo-Pak border while trying to cross-over to PoK to meet him just two days before her marriage.
Irum Fatima (22) was held when she tried to cross over to PoK along the Line of Control in Phagwari gali by security personnel in Poonch district last evening, officials said.
Fatima was against her marriage, which was to take place on November 8 this year in Golat village in Mendhar tehsil of the district, and ran away from home to cross over to PoK to meet the boy she loved, who is also her relative,they said.
She had met her him when he had come to her village on permit last year along with other relatives and since then they were in touch through Facebook, they said.
She has been handed over to the police by the security personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them