Cross border love story: Girl detained while trying to cross PoK to meet boyfriend
Poonch (J&K): In love with a boy from Pakistan occupied Kashmir, a girl was arrested in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir along the Indo-Pak border while trying to cross-over to PoK to meet him just two days before her marriage.
Irum Fatima (22) was held when she tried to cross over to PoK along the Line of Control in Phagwari gali by security personnel in Poonch district last evening, officials said.
Fatima was against her marriage, which was to take place on November 8 this year in Golat village in Mendhar tehsil of the district, and ran away from home to cross over to PoK to meet the boy she loved, who is also her relative,they said.
She had met her him when he had come to her village on permit last year along with other relatives and since then they were in touch through Facebook, they said.
She has been handed over to the police by the security personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur