Cross-LoC traders to hold meeting at Chakan-Da-Bagh in Poonch
Jammu: Traders from Pakistan occupied Kashmir and Jammu and Kashmir will converge on Chakan-Da-Bagh crossing point in Poonch district Wednesday to discuss the LoC trade.
"Traders from two sides of the Line of Control (LoC) from PoK and Jammu and Kashmir will converge on Chakan-Da-Bagh Crossing Point in Poonch tomorrow. They will hold a meeting to discuss the various issues related to the LoC trade," district officials told reporters.
Various issues regarding bartar system of trade, list of items to be traded between the traders of the two sides would be exchanged during the meeting.
The meeting is held at Chakan-Da-Bagh after every three months between traders of both the sides, they said, adding that over 50 of them are expected to take part in the
Meanwhile, LOC trade was suspended for the third day today as traders have boycotted it in view of a ban on the supply and purchase of Carom seeds from PoK by the government here.
Traders from the state had held a meeting with Deputy Commissioner, Poonch, Kuldeep Khajuria yesterday during which the DC assured them that the matter would be brought to the notice of higher officials and the issue will be resolved soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!