Cross-LoC traders to hold meeting at Chakan-Da-Bagh in Poonch
Jammu: Traders from Pakistan occupied Kashmir and Jammu and Kashmir will converge on Chakan-Da-Bagh crossing point in Poonch district Wednesday to discuss the LoC trade.
"Traders from two sides of the Line of Control (LoC) from PoK and Jammu and Kashmir will converge on Chakan-Da-Bagh Crossing Point in Poonch tomorrow. They will hold a meeting to discuss the various issues related to the LoC trade," district officials told reporters.
Various issues regarding bartar system of trade, list of items to be traded between the traders of the two sides would be exchanged during the meeting.
The meeting is held at Chakan-Da-Bagh after every three months between traders of both the sides, they said, adding that over 50 of them are expected to take part in the
Meanwhile, LOC trade was suspended for the third day today as traders have boycotted it in view of a ban on the supply and purchase of Carom seeds from PoK by the government here.
Traders from the state had held a meeting with Deputy Commissioner, Poonch, Kuldeep Khajuria yesterday during which the DC assured them that the matter would be brought to the notice of higher officials and the issue will be resolved soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...