Cross-LoC traders to hold meeting at Chakan-Da-Bagh in Poonch
Jammu: Traders from Pakistan occupied Kashmir and Jammu and Kashmir will converge on Chakan-Da-Bagh crossing point in Poonch district Wednesday to discuss the LoC trade.
"Traders from two sides of the Line of Control (LoC) from PoK and Jammu and Kashmir will converge on Chakan-Da-Bagh Crossing Point in Poonch tomorrow. They will hold a meeting to discuss the various issues related to the LoC trade," district officials told reporters.
Various issues regarding bartar system of trade, list of items to be traded between the traders of the two sides would be exchanged during the meeting.
The meeting is held at Chakan-Da-Bagh after every three months between traders of both the sides, they said, adding that over 50 of them are expected to take part in the
Meanwhile, LOC trade was suspended for the third day today as traders have boycotted it in view of a ban on the supply and purchase of Carom seeds from PoK by the government here.
Traders from the state had held a meeting with Deputy Commissioner, Poonch, Kuldeep Khajuria yesterday during which the DC assured them that the matter would be brought to the notice of higher officials and the issue will be resolved soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble