Cross-LoC traders to hold meeting at Chakan-Da-Bagh in Poonch
Jammu: Traders from Pakistan occupied Kashmir and Jammu and Kashmir will converge on Chakan-Da-Bagh crossing point in Poonch district Wednesday to discuss the LoC trade.
"Traders from two sides of the Line of Control (LoC) from PoK and Jammu and Kashmir will converge on Chakan-Da-Bagh Crossing Point in Poonch tomorrow. They will hold a meeting to discuss the various issues related to the LoC trade," district officials told reporters.
Various issues regarding bartar system of trade, list of items to be traded between the traders of the two sides would be exchanged during the meeting.
The meeting is held at Chakan-Da-Bagh after every three months between traders of both the sides, they said, adding that over 50 of them are expected to take part in the
Meanwhile, LOC trade was suspended for the third day today as traders have boycotted it in view of a ban on the supply and purchase of Carom seeds from PoK by the government here.
Traders from the state had held a meeting with Deputy Commissioner, Poonch, Kuldeep Khajuria yesterday during which the DC assured them that the matter would be brought to the notice of higher officials and the issue will be resolved soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation?
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi