CRPF jawan killed in J&K militant firing
Srinagar: A CRPF jawan was on Wednesday killed when suspected militants opened fire on a camp in Bemina locality of central Srinagar.
Constable Praveen Singh Rajput was hit by a bullet in the chest after unidentified gunmen opened fire on being challenged by the jawan near the 73rd battalion camp here.
Rajput, a resident of Madhya Pradesh, was on sentry duty when he observed suspicious movement outside the camp at around 2:30 am, a CRPF spokesman said, adding the jawan challenged the persons who fired 5-6 rounds towards the camp prompting retaliation.
Rajput was hit in the chest and he succumbed to injuries on way to hospital, he said.
The suspected militants fled the spot taking advantage of darkness, he said, adding a manhunt has been launched to nab them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use
- Congress plans nationwide media blitz against 2 years of NDA's 'misrule'; to release film, booklet
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying
- Kardashians offered USD 100 million movie deal?
- Supreme Court to hear Italian government's plea on marine today