CRPF jawan killed in J&K militant firing
Srinagar: A CRPF jawan was on Wednesday killed when suspected militants opened fire on a camp in Bemina locality of central Srinagar.
Constable Praveen Singh Rajput was hit by a bullet in the chest after unidentified gunmen opened fire on being challenged by the jawan near the 73rd battalion camp here.
Rajput, a resident of Madhya Pradesh, was on sentry duty when he observed suspicious movement outside the camp at around 2:30 am, a CRPF spokesman said, adding the jawan challenged the persons who fired 5-6 rounds towards the camp prompting retaliation.
Rajput was hit in the chest and he succumbed to injuries on way to hospital, he said.
The suspected militants fled the spot taking advantage of darkness, he said, adding a manhunt has been launched to nab them.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan
- CINTAA's joint secretary apologises to Rakhi Sawant, Dolly Bindra – Here’s why
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants Aamir, Salman, Shah Rukh Khan to support her