CRPF jawan on duty at minister`s house shoots self
Srinagar: A CRPF jawan, on duty at the summer residence of a Jammu and Kashmir minister, Friday allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service rifle.
Constable Rahul Kumar of 79 Battalion CRPF allegedly shot himself around 5 am at the official residence of Rural Development Minister Ali Mohammad Sagar at Church Lane here, police said.
Kumar died on the spot, police said adding that it was not immediately known why he took the extreme step.
The minister or his family members were not present in the house when the incident happened as they are currently in Jammu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video