CRPF jawan on duty at minister`s house shoots self
Srinagar: A CRPF jawan, on duty at the summer residence of a Jammu and Kashmir minister, Friday allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service rifle.
Constable Rahul Kumar of 79 Battalion CRPF allegedly shot himself around 5 am at the official residence of Rural Development Minister Ali Mohammad Sagar at Church Lane here, police said.
Kumar died on the spot, police said adding that it was not immediately known why he took the extreme step.
The minister or his family members were not present in the house when the incident happened as they are currently in Jammu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam