CRPF jawan on duty at minister`s house shoots self
Srinagar: A CRPF jawan, on duty at the summer residence of a Jammu and Kashmir minister, Friday allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service rifle.
Constable Rahul Kumar of 79 Battalion CRPF allegedly shot himself around 5 am at the official residence of Rural Development Minister Ali Mohammad Sagar at Church Lane here, police said.
Kumar died on the spot, police said adding that it was not immediately known why he took the extreme step.
The minister or his family members were not present in the house when the incident happened as they are currently in Jammu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown