CRPF jawan shoots himself near Dal Lake
Srinagar: A CRPF jawan today allegedly
attempted suicide by shooting himself inside a camp here, a
police spokesman said.
Constable Pankaj Kumar was on duty when he shot himself
with his service rifle at the battalion headquarters located
inside a hotel at Nehru Park on the banks of Dal Lake, the
Kumar, posted with 144th battalion, was evacuated to
hospital by his colleagues and his condition was stated to be
"critical", the spokesman said.
Police have registered a case and started investigations
to ascertain the motive behind his attempted suicide.
In a separate incident, unidentified persons stabbed a
policeman at crowded Batmaloo bus stand in central city, the
Constable Bilal Ahmad, posted at Batmaloo police station,
was stabbed by unidentified persons last evening while he was
on duty, causing serious injuries to him, he said.
The injured constable was hospitalised and a hunt
launched to nab the culprits, he said.
Meanwhile, a civilian identified as Abdul Ahad Khan,
consumed some poisonous substance at his Parraypora residence
in Kalaroos area of Kupwara district and later died in local
hospital, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA