CRPF jawan shoots himself near Dal Lake
Srinagar: A CRPF jawan today allegedly
attempted suicide by shooting himself inside a camp here, a
police spokesman said.
Constable Pankaj Kumar was on duty when he shot himself
with his service rifle at the battalion headquarters located
inside a hotel at Nehru Park on the banks of Dal Lake, the
Kumar, posted with 144th battalion, was evacuated to
hospital by his colleagues and his condition was stated to be
"critical", the spokesman said.
Police have registered a case and started investigations
to ascertain the motive behind his attempted suicide.
In a separate incident, unidentified persons stabbed a
policeman at crowded Batmaloo bus stand in central city, the
Constable Bilal Ahmad, posted at Batmaloo police station,
was stabbed by unidentified persons last evening while he was
on duty, causing serious injuries to him, he said.
The injured constable was hospitalised and a hunt
launched to nab the culprits, he said.
Meanwhile, a civilian identified as Abdul Ahad Khan,
consumed some poisonous substance at his Parraypora residence
in Kalaroos area of Kupwara district and later died in local
hospital, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?