CRPF jawan shoots himself near Dal Lake
Srinagar: A CRPF jawan today allegedly
attempted suicide by shooting himself inside a camp here, a
police spokesman said.
Constable Pankaj Kumar was on duty when he shot himself
with his service rifle at the battalion headquarters located
inside a hotel at Nehru Park on the banks of Dal Lake, the
Kumar, posted with 144th battalion, was evacuated to
hospital by his colleagues and his condition was stated to be
"critical", the spokesman said.
Police have registered a case and started investigations
to ascertain the motive behind his attempted suicide.
In a separate incident, unidentified persons stabbed a
policeman at crowded Batmaloo bus stand in central city, the
Constable Bilal Ahmad, posted at Batmaloo police station,
was stabbed by unidentified persons last evening while he was
on duty, causing serious injuries to him, he said.
The injured constable was hospitalised and a hunt
launched to nab the culprits, he said.
Meanwhile, a civilian identified as Abdul Ahad Khan,
consumed some poisonous substance at his Parraypora residence
in Kalaroos area of Kupwara district and later died in local
hospital, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video