CRPF jawan shoots himself near Dal Lake
Srinagar: A CRPF jawan today allegedly
attempted suicide by shooting himself inside a camp here, a
police spokesman said.
Constable Pankaj Kumar was on duty when he shot himself
with his service rifle at the battalion headquarters located
inside a hotel at Nehru Park on the banks of Dal Lake, the
Kumar, posted with 144th battalion, was evacuated to
hospital by his colleagues and his condition was stated to be
"critical", the spokesman said.
Police have registered a case and started investigations
to ascertain the motive behind his attempted suicide.
In a separate incident, unidentified persons stabbed a
policeman at crowded Batmaloo bus stand in central city, the
Constable Bilal Ahmad, posted at Batmaloo police station,
was stabbed by unidentified persons last evening while he was
on duty, causing serious injuries to him, he said.
The injured constable was hospitalised and a hunt
launched to nab the culprits, he said.
Meanwhile, a civilian identified as Abdul Ahad Khan,
consumed some poisonous substance at his Parraypora residence
in Kalaroos area of Kupwara district and later died in local
hospital, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- High-speed Spanish Talgo train begins trial run, to be introduced on Delhi-Mumbai route
- Want to improve your sex life? Ditch tampons for menstrual cups!
- Batla House encounter: BJP protests outside Sonia Gandhi's residence
- 'FIR' actor Suresh Chatwal no more, co-star Kavita Kaushik expresses grief
- Virat Kohli fails to breach 1000-run barrier but breaks Suresh Raina's IPL batting record