CRPF jawan shoots himself near Dal Lake
Srinagar: A CRPF jawan today allegedly
attempted suicide by shooting himself inside a camp here, a
police spokesman said.
Constable Pankaj Kumar was on duty when he shot himself
with his service rifle at the battalion headquarters located
inside a hotel at Nehru Park on the banks of Dal Lake, the
Kumar, posted with 144th battalion, was evacuated to
hospital by his colleagues and his condition was stated to be
"critical", the spokesman said.
Police have registered a case and started investigations
to ascertain the motive behind his attempted suicide.
In a separate incident, unidentified persons stabbed a
policeman at crowded Batmaloo bus stand in central city, the
Constable Bilal Ahmad, posted at Batmaloo police station,
was stabbed by unidentified persons last evening while he was
on duty, causing serious injuries to him, he said.
The injured constable was hospitalised and a hunt
launched to nab the culprits, he said.
Meanwhile, a civilian identified as Abdul Ahad Khan,
consumed some poisonous substance at his Parraypora residence
in Kalaroos area of Kupwara district and later died in local
hospital, the spokesman said.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why