CRPF patrolling party at Pulwama attacked, two jawans killed
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Jammu: A CRPF patrolling party was attacked by suspected terrorists at Pulwana region of Jammu and Kashmir on Thursday. Two CRPF jawans were killed in the firing, as per reports.
The militants had fired at a road opening party (ROP) of the 130 battalion of the CRPF.
After the terror attack, traffic was halted at Awantipora for security reasons.
Meanwhile, no terrorist group has claimed the responsibility of the attack.
Terror attacks are on the rise in the district. In August, terrorists opened fire at a police station in Pulwana, leaving two civilians injured. Moreover, nine people were injured in another attack in September this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi