CRPF patrolling party at Pulwama attacked, two jawans killed
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Jammu: A CRPF patrolling party was attacked by suspected terrorists at Pulwana region of Jammu and Kashmir on Thursday. Two CRPF jawans were killed in the firing, as per reports.
The militants had fired at a road opening party (ROP) of the 130 battalion of the CRPF.
After the terror attack, traffic was halted at Awantipora for security reasons.
Meanwhile, no terrorist group has claimed the responsibility of the attack.
Terror attacks are on the rise in the district. In August, terrorists opened fire at a police station in Pulwana, leaving two civilians injured. Moreover, nine people were injured in another attack in September this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- India's growth may dip by 0.60% on Brexit, predicts Morgan Stanley
- Players did not lose faith in Hodgson: Wayne Rooney
- IND vs NZ: New-age Team India announce Kiwi-series fixtures in unique style
- EPFO aims to cover all workers under PF, pension by 2030
- Lionel Messi `God`s gift` to Argentina: President