CRPF patrolling party at Pulwama attacked, two jawans killed
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Jammu: A CRPF patrolling party was attacked by suspected terrorists at Pulwana region of Jammu and Kashmir on Thursday. Two CRPF jawans were killed in the firing, as per reports.
The militants had fired at a road opening party (ROP) of the 130 battalion of the CRPF.
After the terror attack, traffic was halted at Awantipora for security reasons.
Meanwhile, no terrorist group has claimed the responsibility of the attack.
Terror attacks are on the rise in the district. In August, terrorists opened fire at a police station in Pulwana, leaving two civilians injured. Moreover, nine people were injured in another attack in September this year.
- DNA: India's losses due to AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: Analysis of Mumbai's juvenile home sting operation
- DNA: Analysis of Mumbai's juvenile home sting operation - Part II
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Security beefed in Manipur areas after three murders
- Ability to smell food through mouth may decline with age
- Transplantation along highways could be linked to NREGA: Minister
- 8 die of sunstroke as heat wave continues in Odisha
- IPL 2016, Match 23: Chris Morris' 82 off 32 not enough for Delhi; Gujarat win by 1 run