CRPF personnel open fire after mob attacks their vehicle
Srinagar: CRPF personnel opened fire after a
mob attacked their vehicle involved in a road accident on the
banks of Dal Lake Sunday.
The CRPF vehicle hit a private car near S K International
Convention Complex injuring its driver, official sources said.
A group of people soon assembled at the scene and in a
fit of rage smashed the window panes of the CRPF vehicle to
protest the alleged rash driving by its driver, the sources
They said the CRPF personnel, who had got down from the
vehicle, fired a few shots in the air to disperse the mob.
However, no one was injured in the firing, the sources said.
Police rushed to the spot and pacified the crowd with an
assurance that legal action would be taken against the erring
The injured car driver was shifted to hospital and a case
was registered against the CRPF driver, the sources said,
adding the traffic on the road was briefly suspended due to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune