CRPF personnel open fire after mob attacks their vehicle
Srinagar: CRPF personnel opened fire after a
mob attacked their vehicle involved in a road accident on the
banks of Dal Lake Sunday.
The CRPF vehicle hit a private car near S K International
Convention Complex injuring its driver, official sources said.
A group of people soon assembled at the scene and in a
fit of rage smashed the window panes of the CRPF vehicle to
protest the alleged rash driving by its driver, the sources
They said the CRPF personnel, who had got down from the
vehicle, fired a few shots in the air to disperse the mob.
However, no one was injured in the firing, the sources said.
Police rushed to the spot and pacified the crowd with an
assurance that legal action would be taken against the erring
The injured car driver was shifted to hospital and a case
was registered against the CRPF driver, the sources said,
adding the traffic on the road was briefly suspended due to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people