CRPF personnel open fire after mob attacks their vehicle
Srinagar: CRPF personnel opened fire after a
mob attacked their vehicle involved in a road accident on the
banks of Dal Lake Sunday.
The CRPF vehicle hit a private car near S K International
Convention Complex injuring its driver, official sources said.
A group of people soon assembled at the scene and in a
fit of rage smashed the window panes of the CRPF vehicle to
protest the alleged rash driving by its driver, the sources
They said the CRPF personnel, who had got down from the
vehicle, fired a few shots in the air to disperse the mob.
However, no one was injured in the firing, the sources said.
Police rushed to the spot and pacified the crowd with an
assurance that legal action would be taken against the erring
The injured car driver was shifted to hospital and a case
was registered against the CRPF driver, the sources said,
adding the traffic on the road was briefly suspended due to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam