CUJ VC row: NPCU supporters, cops clash in Jammu
Jammu: National Panthers Students` Union
(NPSU) on Wednesday held a demonstration demanding that Central
University of Jammu (CUJ) be made functional immediately.
Led by State Vice President, Young Panthers and
in-charge NPSU Pushvinder Singh Manhas, over 300 student
activists blocked canal road in front of the GGM Science
college and staged protest demonstrations against the state
and central government for their failure in making the CUJ
operational and functional by appointing the vice-chancellor.
The students also resorted to minor stone pelting on
the passing vehicles and damaged two vehicles.
Later, when police tried to disperse the students, an
altercation broke out between them, which led the former to
resort to cane-charging.
Manhas told reporters here that the state government
is using dilly dallying process in appointing vice-chancellor
He also lambasted the MPs, ministers, MLAs, MLCs and
and other leaders from the region, who have kept mum till date
and not uttering even a single word in the support of
agitation launched for CUJ by the students.
Manhas appealed to the student community in particular
and public in general of the region to get united in the final
struggle for reorganisation of the state which is the ultimate
and final solution of the dispute of J&K.
He added that NPSU will leave no stone unturned until
and unless the goal is achieved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey