CUJ VC row: NPCU supporters, cops clash in Jammu
Jammu: National Panthers Students` Union
(NPSU) on Wednesday held a demonstration demanding that Central
University of Jammu (CUJ) be made functional immediately.
Led by State Vice President, Young Panthers and
in-charge NPSU Pushvinder Singh Manhas, over 300 student
activists blocked canal road in front of the GGM Science
college and staged protest demonstrations against the state
and central government for their failure in making the CUJ
operational and functional by appointing the vice-chancellor.
The students also resorted to minor stone pelting on
the passing vehicles and damaged two vehicles.
Later, when police tried to disperse the students, an
altercation broke out between them, which led the former to
resort to cane-charging.
Manhas told reporters here that the state government
is using dilly dallying process in appointing vice-chancellor
He also lambasted the MPs, ministers, MLAs, MLCs and
and other leaders from the region, who have kept mum till date
and not uttering even a single word in the support of
agitation launched for CUJ by the students.
Manhas appealed to the student community in particular
and public in general of the region to get united in the final
struggle for reorganisation of the state which is the ultimate
and final solution of the dispute of J&K.
He added that NPSU will leave no stone unturned until
and unless the goal is achieved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre