Curfew continues in Anantnag
Srinagar: Curfew continued in Anantnag town for the fourth day on Thursday while restrictions were imposed on the movement of people in the old city areas of Srinagar as
a precautionary measure.
"Curfew has not been lifted in Anantnag town as there are apprehensions of violent protests in the town following inputs to this effect," a senior police officer said.
A boy was killed during firing by security forces on August 30, prompting the authorities to clamp curfew in the south Kashmir town after protests broke out.
Restrictions were imposed in many parts of Srinagar city as a precautionary measure to prevent the separatist elements from holding any demonstrations and to maintain law
Shops, educational institutions, banks and private offices remained closed and all modes of public transport were off the roads.
Some private vehicles could be seen plying the roads in the civil lines area of the city and in Budgam, Ganderbal and Bandipora towns.
The Valley was rocked by violence following the death of a teenager on June 11 after he was allegedly hit by a teargas shell near Rajouri Kadal area of old city. Street
protests broke out in the Valley which has claimed 65 lives so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location