Curfew continues in Mendhar border town
Jammu: Curfew remained in force in Mendhar town of Poonch district for the ninth day on Thursday.
Curfew was imposed in the town after three persons were killed in police firing to quell a mob trying to set ablaze a missionary school while protesting the alleged desecration of a holy book in the US on Wednesday last.
Curfew was relaxed for 3 hours from 5 pm to 8 pm in Mendhar town last evening, which passed off peacefully.
"The law and order situation is peaceful in Mendhar and Poonch. Adequate security has been deployed in the sensitive areas of the district", district development commissioner, Jammu, Kuldeep Khajuria said.
Khajuria said security has been increased in the district and additional police deployed in the sensitive areas to maintain law and order ahead of the verdict in the Ayodhya
title suits case tomorrow.
Police has been directed to deal with the situation with a firm hand to maintain peace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- 'We're ready to execute our plans' - Chilling details emerge as NIA busts 'ISIS' terror module
- Animals owe their social sense to their maternal side!
- Neymar, Douglas Costa named in Brazil's Olympic squad
- Germany desperate to rewrite history against Italy in Euro 2016 quarter-final
- Playing with lives of soldiers? Jawans in Siachen may have been given substandard snow suits to fight -60 deg C