Curfew continues in Mendhar border town
Jammu: Curfew remained in force in Mendhar town of Poonch district for the ninth day on Thursday.
Curfew was imposed in the town after three persons were killed in police firing to quell a mob trying to set ablaze a missionary school while protesting the alleged desecration of a holy book in the US on Wednesday last.
Curfew was relaxed for 3 hours from 5 pm to 8 pm in Mendhar town last evening, which passed off peacefully.
"The law and order situation is peaceful in Mendhar and Poonch. Adequate security has been deployed in the sensitive areas of the district", district development commissioner, Jammu, Kuldeep Khajuria said.
Khajuria said security has been increased in the district and additional police deployed in the sensitive areas to maintain law and order ahead of the verdict in the Ayodhya
title suits case tomorrow.
Police has been directed to deal with the situation with a firm hand to maintain peace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price