Curfew continues in Mendhar border town
Jammu: Curfew remained in force in Mendhar town of Poonch district for the ninth day on Thursday.
Curfew was imposed in the town after three persons were killed in police firing to quell a mob trying to set ablaze a missionary school while protesting the alleged desecration of a holy book in the US on Wednesday last.
Curfew was relaxed for 3 hours from 5 pm to 8 pm in Mendhar town last evening, which passed off peacefully.
"The law and order situation is peaceful in Mendhar and Poonch. Adequate security has been deployed in the sensitive areas of the district", district development commissioner, Jammu, Kuldeep Khajuria said.
Khajuria said security has been increased in the district and additional police deployed in the sensitive areas to maintain law and order ahead of the verdict in the Ayodhya
title suits case tomorrow.
Police has been directed to deal with the situation with a firm hand to maintain peace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj