Curfew continues in parts of Srinagar
Srinagar: Curfew imposed in parts of the city following sectarian clashes continued for the seventh day on Tuesday.
"Curfew will continue in Zadibal and Nowhatta police station areas and Urdu Bazaar police post area as a precautionary measure," a police spokesman said.
He said the decision to continue curfew has been taken to prevent clashes and any possible loss of life or property.
Authorities had on Wednesday imposed curfew in nine police station areas of the city following sectarian clashes in Hawal area.
The curfew was lifted on Saturday but restrictions were again imposed in Hawal and adjoining areas after fresh clashes broke out in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional