Curfew continues in parts of Srinagar
Srinagar: Curfew imposed in parts of the city following sectarian clashes continued for the seventh day on Tuesday.
"Curfew will continue in Zadibal and Nowhatta police station areas and Urdu Bazaar police post area as a precautionary measure," a police spokesman said.
He said the decision to continue curfew has been taken to prevent clashes and any possible loss of life or property.
Authorities had on Wednesday imposed curfew in nine police station areas of the city following sectarian clashes in Hawal area.
The curfew was lifted on Saturday but restrictions were again imposed in Hawal and adjoining areas after fresh clashes broke out in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!