Curfew continues in parts of Srinagar
Srinagar: Curfew imposed in parts of the city following sectarian clashes continued for the seventh day on Tuesday.
"Curfew will continue in Zadibal and Nowhatta police station areas and Urdu Bazaar police post area as a precautionary measure," a police spokesman said.
He said the decision to continue curfew has been taken to prevent clashes and any possible loss of life or property.
Authorities had on Wednesday imposed curfew in nine police station areas of the city following sectarian clashes in Hawal area.
The curfew was lifted on Saturday but restrictions were again imposed in Hawal and adjoining areas after fresh clashes broke out in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened