Curfew continues in parts of Srinagar
Srinagar: Curfew imposed in parts of the city following sectarian clashes continued for the seventh day on Tuesday.
"Curfew will continue in Zadibal and Nowhatta police station areas and Urdu Bazaar police post area as a precautionary measure," a police spokesman said.
He said the decision to continue curfew has been taken to prevent clashes and any possible loss of life or property.
Authorities had on Wednesday imposed curfew in nine police station areas of the city following sectarian clashes in Hawal area.
The curfew was lifted on Saturday but restrictions were again imposed in Hawal and adjoining areas after fresh clashes broke out in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened